Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread! >

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Here's a view of the mineral lick from my treestand

Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well things are sounding good guys. I went out today and hung another stand, I'mgoing to have to start writing them down I'm loosing track of where they all are. I thought I only had 4 more to go but a friend of mine got a shipment it so I bought 2 more from him. So that will be 12. It will take me a while to hang 6 more and I find that the older I get the harder it is. I put up one a day now and between scouting then the hardest thing finding the right tree putting the ladder up then the stand and them trimming the area. Oh boy I'm beat just thinking about it. We don't start till 15 Oct. so I should be all set.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Well things are sounding good guys. I went out today and hung another stand, I'mgoing to have to start writing them down I'm loosing track of where they all are. I thought I only had 4 more to go but a friend of mine got a shipment it so I bought 2 more from him. So that will be 12. It will take me a while to hang 6 more and I find that the older I get the harder it is. I put up one a day now and between scouting then the hardest thing finding the right tree putting the ladder up then the stand and them trimming the area. Oh boy I'm beat just thinking about it. We don't start till 15 Oct. so I should be all set.
Mike,
I sure wish I had your problems in this case.

Well, fellas, one week from today I'll be in camp biting my nails in anticipation of opening morning (15th). This is killing me. How about you guys?I don't know if you saw my thread in the Technical forum, but I was afraid myDrenalin was out of commission when a nock broke and it dry-fired. My shop said it was okay. The owner replaced one of the rubber string suppressors that was knocked out by the impact. Since I don't have a back up bow, I was really worried. It's all good, though. I'm almost afraid to shoot again until opening day.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awful quiet in here boys. Must be the heat and the lack of an open season.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont worry Planter, that all changes Saturday!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys .... I'm still around , haven't had much to report but I went out this morning to check on my hunting area.
Waiting for opening day is driving nuts , can't wait for October 1st to get here my stand is up and ready and my make shift ground blind is still intact.
Saw alot of tracks and scat all around saw a couple of does too , so now it's just a matter of time .
Old 09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys I thought I'd check in and say hi. I have sure been working a lot of hours so I have a lot of folks paying me back during hunting season. I was driving by one of the areas I hunt on my way to work today and there was a fat spike buck standing there. I hope I can find his grand pa
Old 09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys I thought I'd check in and say hi. I have sure been working a lot of hours so I have a lot of folks paying me back during hunting season. I was driving by one of the areas I hunt on my way to work today and there was a fat spike buck standing there. I hope I can find his grand pa
Or his great, great grandpa. I'm guessing that would be a 5 1/2 year old monster, right?

Hey, guys. RD says I'm stuck with you guys even though my season will be finished on 18October due to surgery. In light of that, I'll do my best to at least take a buck before it's over and contribute SOMETHING to the team effort.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Or his great, great grandpa. I'm guessing that would be a 5 1/2 year old monster, right?

Hey, guys. RD says I'm stuck with you guys even though my season will be finished on 18October due to surgery. In light of that, I'll do my best to at least take a buck before it's over and contribute SOMETHING to the team effort.
Thats right .... you can't expect me to kick you to the curb like some unwanted dog , besides likeyou said yougot from Sept. 15th to Oct. 18 th and alot can happen in the early season.
Who knows ... you might be the first team mate toput us the score card, then it will be up tothe rest of us to win onefor the gipper.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I don't have the rut to look forward to, don't be surprised if my contirbution only has 6 scoreable points. (I REALLY want that first bow-kill to be a buck, but even more, I just want to take a buck my first year with a bow.

I talked to my brother a while ago. I'm still going to our family rifle hunting tripmid-November, but they're gonna set me up with a ground blind and a video camera. At least I'll still get to camp, share the experience, sit around the camp-fire and swap stories,handicapped or not.[8D]

I wonder if I could shoot a crossbow by January???? I've always wanted one. I'll bet I could talk the wife into letting me have one if I play the sympathy card.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.