Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Hey, I'm gettin' lonely here. Where are my teammates? I know the younger ones are in school, but surely all of you older guys don't really work.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats really coolLittlyChief, I got to go to work, be back in2 or 3 days.[>:][:@]
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys before we really decide on which avator to use I would just like to call your attention to the two we currently have. In the one that most folks have right now it looks like a bunch of trees you can't see the deer because of its size. However in the avator I have you can see the detail plane as day and some great deer. Now I'm not trying to rock the boat but I figured I'd point this out before anything is written in stone. Most folks who see out avaitor will never see the larger print so they will have no clue what we have here. Again I strongly vote for the avaitor I am using for now.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I agree with Mike Hill, it's hard to see the deer even for us youngins. I like the Spartan one the best, but they are all really cool. Oh and by the way, no school until after labor day (Sept. 4th?)

EDIT: After looking at the Spartan one, its blurry. Anyway you could like make it a little different so it can be resized without getting all blurry?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, fellas, it doesn't matter to me which one is used. Personally, I like the one Mike Hill has as his avatar the best, and I didn't even do that one. The main reason I like it is that being colorblind, the blue makes everything else stand out clearly. I'll leave the final decision to you guys. I'm okay with either one.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well ... I just came back from my happy hunting grounds and what I saw was very pleasing to my eye's , the deer have been hitting my mineral lick real hard.
There were alot of good size tracks all around and they pawed the spot deep so I decided to sit in my make shift ground blind for awhile and wait.
Within an 1/2 hour of being still and quiet I saw a nice eight pointer coming thru the pines and headed in my direction , I thought to myself ( I should have brought my camera along ) but I didn't " sorry guy's " no picture to show.
Although his rack didn't look very wide , he has some tall tines on him kinda like a basket shaped rack.
Hopefully this buck will make his apperence within bow range the first week of my openner in Octorber , I gotta tell ya this kind of sighting gets any hunter all geeked up for the season.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

RD,
Sounds like you had a great time. You should know to take a camera. I can't wait until next weekend so I can get back out there and see how things are going.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of the time I do bring my canera but I was in such a rush to get out there that it totaly sliped my mind.
I had a great time out there ( always do ) but once the temp's started to rise I figured it was time to go , didn't want to leave some smelly sweaty human sent behind.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean. I'm worried about going to look at the MO location next weekend, since I'll be hunting it 2 weeks later, but it's an invite and I haven't seen it yet anddon't want to walk into it blind. it's getting close, and I'm getting excited.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you get some much needed information from the person that invited you there before hand , that way it would save you some leg work.
I wish you luck and I envey you as well , it would be great to hunt in a diffrent state other than my own some guys just get all the luck.

Quick Reply: 35-Official Team Whitetail Warriors Thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.