Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts  Thread! >

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Default RE: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Yesterday was cold and very windy here in WI, so I decided to move a couple stands and then hunt one of them in the late afternoon. There was about 15 minutes left and I was getting really cold so I decided to call it a day. I grab my bow off the hanger to put my quiver back on and I catch movement on the side of the hill across the draw. All of a sudden I am nolonger cold. As I watch I see two yearlings coming to towards the bottom of the draw. Then shortly after them comes momma. I think to myself..."if she offers the shot I guess I will take it". Then just behind her comes an even bigger doe. I said to myself..."that's the one". As they cross the bottom where I had just been walking a couple hours before they are as calm as can be(thanks to Dead Down Wind). After a few minutes the larger doe is standing broadside(slighly quartering to) at about 10 yards. I slowly draw back, hoping to be undected since I was only about 10ft in the tree, settle my pin behind her shoulder and touched off my release. At the impact of the arrow she spun around and took off running. Just out of sight I heard her crash, later to find out she had only gone about 50 yards. After checking her over I found I hit her a little high but still took out both lungs. I need to remember to hold even lower since I am sighted in at 25 yards. I was just thrilled to be privileged enoughto harvest another doe. Now that I have taken a doe from each of my main properties that I hunt I will probably hold out for "MR BIG". Good luck guys and stay safe!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal wi...good luck.

Tonight was the first sit where I didn't even see a deer. Nothing but birds, geese and a black cat...nothing else. [&:]
Old 10-12-2007, 04:18 AM

Saturday is the big day where I can hunt the southern part of the state where all the deer are.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Hey guys I posted on Bowhunting looking for feedbakc, if yall have any let me know. I dont know squat about deer hunting and when I think I have a clue, its all just in my head lol...thats why I try so hard, so I can learn.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys. long time since i have been on here, The season opened here today. I never got a chance to get out. I haven't even had a chance to check my camera in the last 2 months, nor have i had the time to check this site out. If all goes well i will get about an hour or so tomorrow to go and sit for a bit. im hoping that is the way. knowing my luck i will be working all day yet again. Hopefully i will be able to help you fellas out this season.
ok gotta get back and draw some house plans
Old 10-14-2007, 05:49 AM

I killed a nice buck yesterday. I ran a tape accross him really quick yesterday and came up with 163 4/8" of total antler. Is that what we are using for this contest?

He's skinned out now, so I'll ge a more exact score this morning.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 AM

Great looking buck and way to get us on the board! Yes it is the gross score before deductions. If I may ask where(ex. oaks, bedding, other food source, or travel corridor) did you harvest him.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

That's a GREAT buck! Congrats. I sure hope my crossbow card comes this week. I got 2 pics this week of the 14 that I'd like to arrow(bolt I guess in this case). He should go around 170
Old 10-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MK M GOBL

I killed a nice buck yesterday. I ran a tape accross him really quick yesterday and came up with 163 4/8" of total antler. Is that what we are using for this contest?

He's skinned out now, so I'll ge a more exact score this morning.

With a brute like that, his picture deserves to be here more than once. MAN O MAN what a buck. Congrats to you MK M GOBL, great job on a great buck.

WE have a new leader for the BIG BUCK PRIZE. And the answer to Rick James Qurstion on who will kill the biggest buck this weekend.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats MK M Global,what a pig!!!

Quick Reply: 21-Official Team Bleeding Hearts Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.