Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Oh and that deer was shot the Friday after Thanksgiving in '05

-john
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those mounts all look good to me. The only problem I ever have going to the taxidermist is looking at some of the freaks he has there. My buck doesn't exactly measure up to some of the pigs he has on the wall. I get rack envyIt is like having to change in the same looker room as The Rock

Don't worry MN, we are an equal opportunity organization
Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of these days I will shoot one big enough to mount. My largest deer I have shot is a pretty big mule deer. In fact it was my first ever deer shot with a bow when I was 14. I have never measured it though. My largest whitetail is a 102" shot with a rifle.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 AM

when does every1 start gun season? what does everyone shoot? ours is this weekend and I am in a shotgun only zone, shooting a Ithaca Deerslayer II 20 gauge with a 1.5-4.5x 32 Catseye Illuminated Reticle
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM

I start gun season on Saturday, shotgun only. Mossberg 500 with a Bushnell red dot scope. Love those red dots.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

My season starts Monday after Thanksgiving. I will be out with a 30.06. The only way that I will be taking a buck is if it is super monster buck.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't hunt the rifle season here. It is only 9 days and it is crazy on the public land I hunt. I do go out in December with a ML sometimes. I didn't last year but I might this year. I shoot a .45 cal CVA Hunterbolt with open sights. I do have a savage .270 for a rifle but I have not hunted with it in Nebraska at all (6 years). It goes with me on the out of state huntign in Wyoming.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gun season starts the 24th and runs 1 week. I will be using my bow as always unless I get a hair up my butt to get something with the muzzleloader I made. Well, I made the stock not the barrel or trigger mechanism. Although, I just bought some Rage 2blades so I want to see how they perform for myself. So, I guess it will be the archery equipment.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 PM

LOL, that hole in Ryan's deer just drove you to get the Rage didnt it? I agree, looked awesome.

I just cant bring myself to trust a mechanical yet on that buck of a lifetime (should he ever show). I am leaning towards the Magnus Snuffer SS. If you rip one up post some pics of the holes you got in it and maybe that will convince me. I've just heard too many negatives about quartering shots to try it yet.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was surprised at the hole the wacem made I wish I would have taken a picture of it but I couldn't believe it. It couldbe because he was quartering away and it sliced it alittle more because of the angle. I didn't have a blood trial to follow so I don't have any expirience with that.

I have never used a mechanical and I just can not get the thought out of my head of them opening or not penetrating enough.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.