HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/194734-17-official-team-autumn-assassins-thread.html)

drhntr178 06-17-2007 11:55 PM

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Team 17 where you at??? Bow season is right around the corner so I thought we could get in touch and see how everyones doing.

Hopefully weve all got some big ones scouted out for this seasons contest.I still remember Justins promise if we pull of a repeat ;)

My bow had some warranty work and is now at the shop getting a new set of strings so my shooting has been on hold for a while. Cant wait to get back out there. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

LouisianaTomkat 06-18-2007 06:17 AM

RE: Autumn Assassins

dr, I am still here. Just hotter than hades down here right now. I know I have got some deer located for fall. Just dreading the July/August heat to hang stands. I will be putting out my trail cam soon to try and get some pics. Still kinda depressed about not scoring one for the team last season, but I am gaining confidence as the season gets near. Shooting every day or every other day is helping a lot.

Just checkin' in. Where is everyone else?

LT

huntingson 06-18-2007 08:17 AM

I have been shooting fairly regularly and am currently trying to get everythign ready for my caribou hunt in 2 months. I bought a new farm since last season so that is giving me a few new spots that will hopefully increase my odds. I also scouted some new public land towards the end of the season last year that looks like it has some serious potential. All in all, this year is looking pretty good. Although, after last year's bad luck, my money is on LTK to get the "comeback player of the year". :)

GMMAT 06-18-2007 08:24 AM

I know I wouldn't bet against you guys to repeat.

You all had an outstanding season in '06. Congrats, again....;)

Wheatley 06-18-2007 09:53 AM

I shot 4 week of 5 spot with some guys on the Nebraska forum and I think it helped me out a bit. I improved each week anyway. I have a great spot for some very good size bucks that I am not quote sure how to hunt yet. They are in a dense thicket that is very hard to hunt. Last year I just hunted on the edge and had some close encounters but it just didn't work out. I have to find a way to get in a little deeper without spooking them or find a better spot to set up at.

Other than that I have been busy trying to make my own bow. It is very addictive and alot of fun.

huntingson 06-18-2007 12:03 PM

As I recall Wheatley, you saw a bunch of nice bucks last year. We will not accept anything less than a 150" from you this year:D

If you ever need a hunting partner out there just let me know;)

drhntr178 06-18-2007 01:17 PM

Glad to see a few of us are still around. Huntingson, you'll have to keep us posted on your caribou hunt. From the looks of your avatar you're no rookie.

I just scheduled my vacation for deer season and its looking good. I will be off of work from October 26-November 28. I think that should be just enough time to fill my tag;).

huntingson 06-18-2007 01:31 PM

Holy cow! A month of vacation... that would be awesome. You're taking this serious this year:)I can't wait to see the picture of you kneeling next to the results, adding some serious inches to our total!

I would highly recommend a caribou hunt to anyone who has never been. Honestly, it is just about as good as bowhunting gets.

Wheatley 06-18-2007 01:42 PM

I wish I could take a month off as well. Man I think I have the wrong job[:@] I am shooting for that 150" deer from last year except he should be about 160" this year:D I can only dream of seeing him again probably. I just have to wait and not get to antsy like I did last year. I plan on taking that out on as many does as I need to this year. Good luck on your caribou hunt.

You all can come down here and hunt anytime you would like. Nebraska is actually pretty cheap for out of staters and you can buy archery permints online or OTC.

TX_Hoghunter 06-18-2007 01:56 PM

I am still around. I traded my old Mathews LX in and got a new Mathews Drenlin this year. It shoots sweeeeeet. My speed has gone up from 256 fps to 291 fps. Not to bad for a 27 inch draw. The area that I am hunting had been in a drought for a few years but this year it has rain all year. The deer are all fat and sassy. This is the best buck that we have on flim this year. Last year none of the deer had this much growth until the second week in July. It is still early but I hope he keeps coming on.

-john