Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Here is the picture of him. I already posted him in the score card. I guess it's an improvement on last year and I am happy with him. 81-1/8"

I got in the stand about 10 minutes before shooting light and not much was around except those stupid s
kwerls making noise. I was facing north and heard something comming from the field to the south. I turned around and seen him comming on the trial that would put him 25 yards from me but he was going pretty fast. I slowly turned and positioned myself for the shot. He was about 30 yards away and I had a small tree that would cover me to draw. He gets there and I draw and he keeps walking. I waited for him to stop but he just wasn't going to so I made a slight sound and put the pin on him. He is looking right at me and I let the arrow fly. I watched the arrow take flight and him react to take off when the arrow smacks him right in the spine and he falls instantly. I turn and grab another arrow as he is trying to get up and is now quartering away and put one in the lung and heart and finish him off.

I should have just made the shot since he was so close but I guess it worked out. I look at the watch and it was 6:15. Sunrise was 6:27 today so it was a very quick morning.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 AM

Way to go Wheatley!!

Thats a nice buck you got there and more points for the team. It sounds like you got him just in the nick of time before rifle season or else he may not have been there anymore. When a deer is alert like that after hearing a noise it is almost a guarantee they are going to jump the string at the shot, especially if there is any distance. I've learned this the hard way[:@]
I now aim for the heart area so if they do duck, I usually still get lungs.

Good work man. Now we all just need to be watching the news for a bowhunter shooting a deer in a zoo and we will know LTK got one!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 PM

well I called some of you guys this morning, but for those who haven't heard, I shot a dandy this morning. he is a 10 point with about a 15 or little better spread. should be 135-140. a buck was chasing a doe early before light and idk how big he was. then I was doing some rattling and grunting on and off all morning, and had a nice little 5 or 6 point come in. He left and I had a beautiful owl land in the tree above where I ended up shooting the buck. I tried one last sequence at 8:15and I heard rustling far off, but I figured it waseither turkeys orthat little buck. I satfor 15 minutes. I decided to pack up my stuff, but would sit for just a little bit longer and just as i set my bag down the blue jays went nuts and I heard footsteps. I grabbed my bow and thru the trees I could see a nice rack. i got ready and he came in, checked a scrape and stepped into my shooting hole. I grunted, he stopped and I DRILLED him. he took off and I could hear him crashing like mad then one last crash. I figured he was done but I waited anyway and I was shaking like a leaf. He ran bout 100 yards and thats where he ended. Ill have pics later.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did I say this Saturday? Oh, I meant by next Saturday. LOL No, guys, I had absolutely 0 deer sightings in 2 days hunting. My deer must be gay. (oops, did I say that on a public forum.) Anyway, our "rut" has not even started here so I am not sweating it too bad. I have till Jan. 30 to get this done. I will get it done. God will smile on me one day soon.

Congrats, Beagle. Way to go team Captain. I hope everyone scores this year. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the story. Post it up Beagle.

LT
Old 11-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Beagle. Can not wait to see the pics. I see that team number one put another one down so I think we are still in second place but not by much.

I have not heard any zoo animals being shot yet, where you at LTK? Hopefully draging a buck out of the woods.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Beagle... Congrats and great job!!!! Sorry I did not answer the phone.... I was up a tree and did not recognize your number! I'm really happy for you! I can't wait to see the pics.

Hey Tomkat, I might have to agree with you. I was in a tree for 11 hours today and I only saw 1 doe....

Today suck for me, but lets hear it for Beagle! Great job budy!!!!!!

Chris
Old 11-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Good Work Beagle, Get those pictures up.

So in a shade over a week we have put 4 deer on the ground, me then huntingson, wheatley and Beagle....now that is moving. LTK, Ron, and Jester, you guys are next. Your rut should be kicking in fairly soon I would think.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:24 AM

well hes on the score card. heres the links to other pictures of em. (I cant remember how to get the pics to show up in the post) I wouldve liked to get some pics with him in the woods but the camera was dead so I had to charge it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Beagle001/2007BowBuck4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Beagle001/2007BowBuck3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Beagle001/2007BowBuck2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Beagle001/2007BowBuck.jpg

I like that last pic, my bow disapears into my shirt.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wheatley, you are the man! Great job and that is a really nice buck!

BEagle, what a brute brother!!! Congratulations! You didn't leave your name on the phone message, so I had no idea who had killed one, LOL.

Here we go fellas. We are only 20 behind Team 1 now and we have killed one less buck! I am thinking that Team 1 is going to start sweating

I shot this guy on Saturday in Indiana. He isn't big, but he is a whole bunch of "firsts" for me including my first out of state buck ever and my first year to ever kill two whitetail bucks. I saw a total of 4 bucks Saturday morning including a really nice 8 point but I couldn't get him to come my way. When this guy came in I couldn't say no

Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 AM

Great buck Beagle, and dang huntingson, keep laying them out why dont ya!

Beagle what head are you using, that looked like a big hole. I switched from Thunderheads to Magnus Stingers this year and although my accuracy has improved with the stingers of the 3 animals I have shot, the holeand the blood trailsare pathetically small, even with hearts and lungs being involved with low exits. All I have is doe tags left and am thinking of putting an expandle on just to try it in December.

What is everyone else shooting for heads??

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.