HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Beagle001

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

well I called some of you guys this morning, but for those who haven't heard, I shot a dandy this morning. he is a 10 point with about a 15 or little better spread. should be 135-140. a buck was chasing a doe early before light and idk how big he was. then I was doing some rattling and grunting on and off all morning, and had a nice little 5 or 6 point come in. He left and I had a beautiful owl land in the tree above where I ended up shooting the buck. I tried one last sequence at 8:15and I heard rustling far off, but I figured it waseither turkeys orthat little buck. I satfor 15 minutes. I decided to pack up my stuff, but would sit for just a little bit longer and just as i set my bag down the blue jays went nuts and I heard footsteps. I grabbed my bow and thru the trees I could see a nice rack. i got ready and he came in, checked a scrape and stepped into my shooting hole. I grunted, he stopped and I DRILLED him. he took off and I could hear him crashing like mad then one last crash. I figured he was done but I waited anyway and I was shaking like a leaf. He ran bout 100 yards and thats where he ended. Ill have pics later.