Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

First off as I stated before my goal for the year is 125" or better. But if its late December and our team is down by 50" or so, ill lower my standards just to get the team a win. I wouldnt want to pass on the repeat buck.

Ron, the charity deal sounds great Ill definitely be in. I could also do FF if someone organized it.

Wheatley, the bow looks awesome. Definitely something to be proud of! I have an old LH recurve my dad made.ive always wanted to shoot it but need to get it a new string.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not see this team together next year. You can try but it is just not in your cards!!

Good luck to all of you. hahahhahhhaaahhaaaaa
Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see a few of you on the donation thread. Get out that check book boys.......
Old 06-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep dreaming AR, you can tell yourself that as long as you want. When the time comes and we are putting the smack down then you rethink your vision.

Drhntr,

I made the string as well. It took about 20 minutes and is very easy to do. Look up flemish strings and you will find tutorials on it. Or you can just buy one for $10 from many places. I love shooting recurves.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 PM

well seeing that we dropped to like the seventh page i figured we should strike up a convo... i saw a two nice bucks yesterday. one will be 135 at least and the other will push 125 i hope. We finally got our soy beans planted so that should be promising, along with some chicory, clover and a various mix of other things a few weeks back. hopefully it will draw in and keep the deer around. everything seems to be in my favor this year, but deer will be deer so time will tell.
RZB
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beagle, I hope its the year for all of us.

Ive finally been able to start shooting my bow everyday. Definitely getting in the rhythm. My hunting club had its first shoot of the summer yesterday and somow how i managed to take ist place.

Speaking of food plots i just checked 2 of mine yesterday. The clover is looking great. We just baled the wheat off last week and the new green clover is coming up thick and lush.Plus the dove are tearing up the leftover wheat. Bad news is the second planting of corn/soybeans was a bust. For some reason the squirrels have at 90% of the corn before it even had a chance. We planted it first in may and again in june. Same story both times, those little bast#rds.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a squirrel hunting plan will be in action soon! I was on vacation for a week and didn't do anything as far as scouting and shooting. I did shoot the new bow with my daughter while we were camping though.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just completely revamped my bow over the weekend. It is now shooting darts. I also changed my sight for the first time in 12 years (wow I am getting old). I had taken the old sight from bow to bow, but this new one just is too good not to use. Took me all of about 20 minutes to sight it in for 30, 40, & 50. I've gotten some pics of some decent bucks that will hopefully still be hanging around come the season. Sounds like you all are doing a great job getting ready for the first repeat in HNI history
Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ordered some custom arrow wraps from Onestringer with the Autumn Assassins name on them. I will post up some pictures once I have them on and fletched. So when I take that picture of that 150" droptine I will make sure the name is visible!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:17 PM

just so you know wheatley, 150 wont be big enough to win the new bow, Caus Im gonna shoot a 150 1/8. wouldnt be too shabby with 2- 150 class deer for our score tho. Won't talk to you guys til next Monday.. going to Hodag, which is a big country fest deal going on so have fun without me!

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.