Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Sounds good to me. Nebraskas rifle season doesn't start until the 10th so I have a two more weeks to try and put myself in the right place. I will be out there most of this weekend and about every weeknight up until DST changes. Next weekend my wife and I are planning on staying out all day.

How did your night go last night Ryan? Any good updates you can tell us?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 AM

i didnt see a single deer last night. idk what the deal was. full moon maybe. o well i got all weekend
Old 10-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I might skip work and go hunting tongight
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back from the weekday trip! The deer were moving great, even with the full moon. Seen a lot of small bucks and a bunch of does and fawns. No shooters bucks though. I did get a nice big doe on the first morning though. She came in with her fawn at about 830am and gave me a hard quartering away shot at 25 yds. She ran fifty yds and dropped in sight. It was nice to finally get out in the woods and just a bonus to put something on the ground.

I work this weekend and then Im on my 3 week vacation. Plenty of time to put a big buck on the ground. Good luck to everyone else!BTW, scrapes and rubs were everywhere one the farm. I dont think Ive ever seen this many before. Its that time of year guys!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Fellas, my dad got a nice buck with his crossbow(he's disabled) in Pittsburgh tonight. I want to post pics but I dont know how to downsize. Is there any way I cam email someone again? I want to put a post in the bowhunting forum. I love my old man and I dont care if anyone bashes him for the crossbow.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to both of you guys. Nice doe and congrats to your dad BB. That is awesome that he was able to get a deer. If people bash him they need thier heads examined.

Do you have microsoft office? Paint is included with Office and can resize the picture for you. Just go to all programs from the start menu and then Accessories and then Paint if you have it. Open the picture and then you can resize it from in that program. I can not remember what menu the resize is in but you do it by percentage.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh and I did go out hunting and all I seen were two does at 45 yards from my ground blind. They poped out of the bush and looked my direction for aout a second and then continued on down the trail.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had a great morning hunt today. The deer were all around us at about 7:15. My buddy is about 80 yards away from me and I have three does to the east of me. I hear him shoot and a deer crashing through brush going north and then coughing and grunting. I was ready to shoot one of the does but when they heard that they just stood in the same spot for about 20 minutes. I hear something behind me and turn around slowly and there was a 3 x 4 about thirty yards from me. He wasn't big enough to shoot so I turned back to the east to try and get a shot off at that doe. They must have caught my movement and they trotted off. A few minutes later a spike with about 1-1/2" tines came walking up and got to my tree and passed by me at out 6 yards and then circled my tree.

My buddy came over at that time and we went and took care of his deer. He shot a small 4 x 3 at 20 yards and it went about 60 yards and crashed. It was a great day and I was happy to see that many deer so fast in the morning. Headed back out tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

BB,
you can send the pic to me, [email protected]. I will take care of it for you. Tell your dad congrats.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM

well this weekend brought no luck for me. didn't hunt tonight, had to wish my girlfriend off before she went back to school. had a ton of little bucks around me, but once again, no shooters. found some more scrapes right by where I shot my doe, so possibly tuesday night I'll sit there. Wednesday morning I am unsure of where I'll sit. I also got permission to hunt my uncles land which is closer than home from school here, so I'll hunt that next week, if I dont have one dead by then

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.