Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Around here they get most of their growth in July. I would guess they get less then 10% of their growth after that. Of course I am a long way from you so your growing period probably varies a fair bit from mine.

-john
Old 07-18-2007, 01:06 PM

I heard in a magazine or maybe a book that deer can grow an inch easily a day, some more. That growing takes place until about 1 1/2 weeks before they shed, so roughly the first and second week of August here. I could be wrong tho as well. Regardless they should get some more bone on there yet. Gonna check a different field tonight, I'll update later.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

They usually shed their velvet in early-mid September around here. There are a couple of really nice bucks on our farms right now. One 12-point (base 10 w/ split brow tines) and a really wide 8 or 9 point. There is also this really interesting 2 year old who has a rack like an antelope. Tall and thick, but the point are all up top and they are tiny. Really interesting buck.

Sounds like a few of you guys will be having great years. I sure hope it all works out for everyone.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Did anyone else get an email from barredrock wanting to use our logo on a T-shirt?

-john
Old 07-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

No I haven't recieved any contact about using our logo.Sounds pretty cool.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:36 PM

i didnt get anything about it. would be cool tho. especially with ron's custom one with the score from last year and the champion thing. could be fun
Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did get an email but I wasn't at work on Friday and just seen it today. I like that idea Beagle!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to get out and do a little scouting and cutting in some stand and ground blind shooting lanes. This year we have had a ton of rain as compared to the last five years and the weeds and trees show it. I seen some deer while I was out there but only the top of the head and tail when the jumped. It was thick and I am glad i got out there to trim things up a bit.

I have a ground blind spot about 20 yards off a good used trail. There were some very large tracks on this trail which was very encouraging. I think this deer must be 250+ pounds with the indentations he was leaving. I hope he will come down the same way when I am sitting there with my bow.

I also got yelled at for bringing ticks into the house. I didn't see or feel any on me while I was out there but when I got home I found one on my pants and then she proceeded to find about 8 or 10 more on my back. (I hate those thnkgs)

In about another month or so I will go back out and hang the stands. I would really like to wait until those freakin ticks die though. Nasty
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have no problem with barredrock using the logo. What does everyone else think?

-john

P.S. My buddie screwed up and deleted the pics from the camera but it sounds like we have some reall y nice bucks hanging out in my area.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

No problems here with the logo use. Looks like everyone is looking good for this up coming season. Me unfortunately, can't get into my area until the season starts. As long as nothing major has happened over the winter and spring, I should be sitting pretty good. Last year I had some real nice buck, (130-150 range) that would pass 70 - 100 yards away. This year, I am going to move my stand about 60 yards closer to them and try to get them in the thicket.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.