Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Right, Berwindale needs to start this thing off again and get use going like last year.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:04 PM

Hey guys, looks liek I have missed alot of conversation and the start of a little smack talk. Looking forward to hunting with all of you again this year.

I'll be hunting the same area again this year, only thing that has changed is I switched to blazers from feathers. So far I like them. They've performed pretty well so far this summer defending my garden from various critters.

I leave August 22nd for Colorado to hunt elk and this year I drew a mule deer tag, so who knows, maybe my score will come from a Mulie. Otherwise whitetail season here opens on September 15.

Lets do this again!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

There you go MN. You can start us off with a big ol' mulie and then add Berwindales big ol' mulie and we will be off to a smokin start. Good luck on your Colorado hunts. Sounds like alot of fun.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

looks like the team is starting to get back together. Good and bad news from the doctor. Its not a brown recluse bite, but they don't know what it is yet.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in CO MN. I hope you get a couple of monsters!

ron, I hope that thing goes away quickly for you bud. Be sure to let us know how things go. Best of luck.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Did some treestand trimming today, and planning to do a little shooting later this afternoon. We need to get some rain for our food plots. all but one is up completely. I can't wait
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Man I wish I could have some food plots.......Our rain down here is so unpredictable that it makes getting good plots very hard. I average getting a good stand about 1 out of every 5 years. Of course I did not plant anything this spring and we have hed plenty of rain. If the moisture contines I will try to plant something the start of Sept. The difficulty with plots is one of the reason everyone down here has a feeder. You know that it is going to feed the deer whether it rains or not.

-john
Old 07-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got some flo orange nocks after refletching and wrapping my arrows and I decided to do some shooting last night. I am loving these new broadheads, the first three shots at 25 yards drilled the center of the targets right on. I can never shoot that good with field tips. I didn't get to shoot them out to 60 yards like I normally practice to since this was my back yard but I am very impressed. Those deer better look out this year.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Good News boys!!! Tonight I was scoping out a few of my fields and i saw a DANDY!!! He looks about like hes 130 already, so hopefully he can get to be 145-150 with a good month of growing left. He was only about 200 yards from one of my stands. saw a few scrubbers too but nothing I'd consider shooting except for some does!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 PM

Same story here. We reseeded logging roads with white clovert his year and the lack of rain just killed it, it all started growing then just quit and died because it has been so dry. I'm also starting to see soem dandy bucks in the evenings, nothign I would consider a real bruiser but nice respectable deer. Strange because they are not in bachelar groups, for some reason they seem to be rather solitary this year.

How much growing do you think the antlers have left. I know when season opens here in mid september there are already rubs on some trees. Not sure if they grow right up until velvet shed or they stop some time out and begin to harden before shedding velvet. I would think by early to mid August they are big as they are gonna get???

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.