Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 37 -Team  "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread >

37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Default RE: 37 - Team Official Thread

Well Guys I will be out Friday afternoon and evening and ALL day saturday! I have been seening scrapes near my stands so hopefully this weekend I fill my tag! We need to get some points on the board!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:38 PM

Fellas...sorry to be soooo absent...3 little ones, shift work, and simply a demanding life have left me void of the board for a while but with the hormones of the bucks kicking me into gear and the fact that I have three weeks off at the end of November is getting me fired up!!! Get it done! Hopefully in less than thirty days I will be posting pics but up till now I have been out only four times and have seen only does and littly bitty bucks... I hope for more soon! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2006, 02:47 PM

hey guys no luck for me on friday or saturday. I had a small 6 and a small five come in but not legal where i was hunting due to ar's. I would not have taken them anyways. This saturday is the last weekend for archery! I am going up to camp so hopefully I will be able to fill my tag! Good luck to all this week!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a big boy this evening chasing a whole herd of days (the whole thing was one massive stampede right at dark). They were about 80 yds from my stand. I went out a couple of times last week and it was a little slow but looks like it is starting to heat up. I planning to go back for at least 3-4 evening hunts this week. Good Luck all
Old 11-06-2006, 06:10 PM

I had Christine reactivate my old handle for me while hunting last week. Got back last night after 9 days hunting. Passed 7 different bucks. Saw one good135-140" buckSat. 2 pm. after moving my set up. Hunted that same set Sunday morning and had a small 8 come into the antlers. Moved the stand set another 70 yds to an outside edge of a fairly brushy tight funnel just off the hardwoods and green field. Fresh scrapes layed by the good buck the afternoon before. Headed back this Friday and spending another 9 days. Hope it comes together.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw another boy--huge boy tonight--150+'' on a differnet place. He was standing in the middle of a brushed field. My friend and I snuck around him and headed into stands in line with where he was headed. He passed about 60 yds from my buddy's stand, about 30 minutes later. Other than that ( that was enough for a good time of course) things were slow for this time of the year. It's got to be the moon but things are going to bust out soon--have to.
Take care and good luck all
Old 11-12-2006, 07:56 AM

Hey guys yesterday was the last day of archery here in PA. No good for me. I had a lot of small bucks this year. I was very happy to be out in the woods. This was my first archery season. Gun season starts 10/28 (i think) and I will be back out w/ my bow trying to fill my tag. Then the late season starts in January! Good luck to you all!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM

I finally got my first kill with my recurve and it was a good one!!
I headed out this morning at 4:30 to my bow only lease.. The morning hunt was slow with only a few deer sightings.... This afternoon I decided to move in on a family group of does that I saw last time I hunted the place... I hung my lock on and got settled in by 1:30. I was grumpy all afternoon b/c the wind was iffy and not the best for my setup... Around 4:00pm I heard something running behind me. I turned around just in time to see a doe barreling straight for me.... She goes straight under my tree and stops at 20yds.... I try to find a clear shot, but it is not there.... I suddenly hear foot steps coming behind her and look to see antlers heading my way!! I knew he was a shooter immediately and starting getting in position... He came straight under my platform and at fast trott with his head to ground and grunting.... I bleeted with my mouth and he stopped at 8yds...... He was quartering sharply away... I picked a spot behind the last rib and drew and released... The arrow buried up to fletch and angled towards the brisket..... He then went on the death run and made it 200 yds before giving it up!! To say I was excited is an understatment!!!
Just pure dumb luck, but I'll take it!!
Here are a few pics I snapped when I got home. I plan to take some better one's tomorrow morning.

" />

" />

" />
Old 11-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Double Creek

Very nice typical eight pointer wide spread , tall tines and long main beams .... very good score as well.
Look like you used a long bow or recurve , very traditional .

Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.