Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 37 -Team  "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread >

37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:29 PM

Default RE: 37 - Team Official Thread

Well Hunter06 I hope you can double lung a big buck! Good luck!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 PM

For many years I've been storing mine in those 18 gallon totes with a lawn/leaf bag stretched over top before I put the lid on. No cover scent. I line dry all my clothing outside after washing in a scent free detergent (scent shield). Then pack it away until I'm ready to hunt. Never wear the same thing twice, once worn, it gets washed. I have enough clothing for about 10 days. Yup, over kill, but it took nearly 20 years to get there.

The wife is continously reminding me that I have more camo than she has clothing...period.

I'll come back with a quick remark...better get some camo to catch up with me! LOL
ORIGINAL: rookiebowhuntr_PA

two days and counting.
Worked on my gear yesterday. I stored all my clothing in vacuum sealed bags with 3 earth scent discs. I opened it yesterday to get my face mask out and practice shooting with it on. Everything smelled great if you like the earth cover scent stuff.
All my gear is in tip top working condition.
how about you all how do you store your clothing?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

well guys i had a real nice 8 point come in sunday but he came in too fast. it was the largest florida deer i've ever seen. anyhow i'm going back this coming weekend. i can't wait.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:05 PM

Filled my doe tag today. Nice 2 1/2 yr. old.

While trailing my doe, I had to remind myself that I needed to keep my mind on the task at hand...bucks were plowin' the ground. 6 scrapes opened up. Just a bunch of nervous tension scrapes. They mean absolutely nothing other than a few bucks were "thinkin'" about the up coming 4 weeks. Acorns were launching out of the oaks and scoring several direct hits...ON ME! Buck scat GALORE! This ridge was dead quiet two weeks ago. We've had a couple cool mornings, leaves are changing, and the deer are moving very well despite the full moon. High deer activity 2 hrs after sun up and between 1-3 pm. Early moon rise and late moon set are a plus when the mercury runs south!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:32 AM

Not much doing here.... It's been very hot and I've haven't been much.... It's a long 4 month season and the rut is still 2 months away, so I'm pacing myself.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:17 PM

Hey guys have you all been out lately? I am going out this thursday night. Then Back out on saturday. I hope that they are moving move now that it is getting colder.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the full moon had deer movements messed up where i was this past weekend. it looks like it should be pretty good hunting this weekend. this coming weekend will be the last weekend i bowhunt in florida. after that ky is my only chance.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:35 AM

Hey guys,
I had a good day out yesterday. I went out after work got in the tree about 4:45. At about 5:30 a doe and fawn came out. Not a shooter doe though. Then at 6 a father and son came through on there quads. I thought my night was over. Boy was I wrong.
About 30 minutes later 7 does and fawns came down the same exact path the quads did. Did not take a shoot though. The doe I wanted did not present one. I was excited just to see the deer finally moving.
About 7 i was getting out of my stand and saw a hugh body Buck. I am not sure what his rack looked like but judging by his body he was a mature buck. I will be out on saturday again with the same winds so hopefully I can get him to come out before it is to dark.
How are you all doing? Are the deer starting to move for you all with the cooler temps?

Old 10-13-2006, 11:26 AM

Hey guys sorry for the lack of post from me. I have been ultra busy. But 2 does down for me. First one i took a 15 yard shot and she only went maybe 10 yard and folded up. The very next night i took a 35 yard shot and she ran about 40 yards and expired. Now that the freezer is full time for the Bone to come to daddy.

Keep us informed on your hunts guys.

Mark

Old 10-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

going out to hunt tomorrow (opening day) on a new farm I've neverhunted before. Went there this evening and saw several deer including a decent 6 point. Gonna just set up on a fenceline along a brushy field and see what happens. I'm sure I'll see some and cansee along ways so that even if I'm not in the exact spot I'll be able to narrow down on them for the next time. Good luck all
Chad

Quick Reply: 37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.