Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:17 PM

Default RE: 33- Team Official Thread

Just another question so we can know each other better, so whats your hunting methods? I mainly hunt from ladder stands that I never really move around. I have one that is home made outa 1/4" angle iron and is 23' feet tall with a 44*54 platform on it. The other is a 20' foot tall stand from cabelas that I bought just this year. I have one ground blind but do not use it much. I like to use calls and rattle some. Never been into doe scents much. Like to hunt mornings and evenings, never had the butt to make it all day in the stand. So lets here it! Whats your guys methods?

Old 08-31-2006, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Diamond Victory 65# 29"DL, Easton Axis ST 340s, 100gr Muzzy 3 blade, Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil, Cobra Diamondback dropaway, STS, Tru-Fire Hurrican release, Alpine 5 arrow Soft-Loc quiver.
3 different stands and from the ground on 400 acres in East Texas.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:28 AM

I'm a stalker. I hunt from the ground, or sometimes I will climb a tree. I usually look for the height advantage when I stalk.I use scents to cover my tracks, calls to bring 'em in, and the blades to serve 'em up!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:07 PM

I use a ground blind or natural cover. Don't care for hights much. I use a Bear Bow, Carbon Expess Arrows,and Montects. I may go to Muzzys this year though, sharpening Montects is a pain.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Always a tree stand, either a climber for when the wind is not right for my fixed stands, I also have a ladder stand I use.
I do some calling and rattling, but have never had a lot of success with rattling here in Pa.
I have used scents with success in the past, but this year I think I will try it without them. Only scent shield or other scent elimination products.
Rubber boots, shower before the hunt, store camo in plastic bin, dress in the field, spray down every couple hours with scent shieldyou know all the "normal" stuff.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

No No tkycaller...here's a little secret, now don't share this with the other teams....shhh come here...

Don't shower, make sure you chew and spit around the ground, stay out of the trees, deer look up...take to the ground, wear all black, you know how bears can hide, oh, sneakers for sneaking you know...., forget the wind, just hunt.....oh, use a bucket of skunk cover up scent. Dat'll get er dun fer yer teem. [8D]
Old 09-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good idears Rob, Ya got any skunk stuff left over , Someone told me your team is stinkin up the joint....HAHAHA lol HAHAHAAAHAAhh
Old 09-01-2006, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: tkycaller

Good idears Rob, Ya got any skunk stuff left over , Someone told me your team is stinkin up the joint....HAHAHA lol HAHAHAAAHAAhh
Yep, Robs team should have plenty because we all know they STINK!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys....I FINALLY made it!!!!!

LOL...I've been so busy, I haven't even logged in since I signed up.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all, and glad to hear we've got some folks seeing some nice deer around. Hopefully we'll get to harvest a few of those. I honestly haven't had much time to scout the way I like to this year. Things have been crazy for me. But I'll be out there, no doubt. I hunt where I live in VA, and also on a big family farm in WV. The hunting is good in both places, but the big ones are few and far between. A good one where I hunt is probably 110-115" ....and they are not too plentiful unfortunately. I've killed alot of deer with a bow over the years, but never what I would consider a real trophy. I gave up shooting the small ones about 8yrs ago, so I typically let lots of bucks go each season--always looking for a shooter. Mabye this year will be the year I tag that P&Y??? Hoping so.

Anyhow...I'm definitely in and looking forward to it. I doubt I'll be on the site nearly as much as I usually am during the season, but I'll be around. I just have a ton on my plate right now.

-Mike
Old 09-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 27 Official Thread

Oh, and I forgot to mention...if anyone needs me pm me, or email me at [email protected]

Allright guys....lets put some bone on the board!
I'm after a couple that I know made it through last year....and could be pushing P&Y now!!! Haven't seen them lately, but I'm pretty sure they are around, unless the road hunters got em.

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.