Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Default RE: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

the time has come 1 day and a wake till D-DAY. Hope i dont let you guys down.i am so amped up for this season i got a few hogs on my land and they have no reason to leave.only time will tell.good luck guys and LETS GIT-R-DONE>>>---JESSE JAMES--->
Old 10-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, with the lost posts I've lost track of you guys. I'm going out as much as I can but its been so darn hot I'm just wasting time. I'll try again tomorrow AM. Temps should be better, with lows in the low 60s. That ought to be more comfortable and less smelly than the mid 90s I've been seeing.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:04 AM

i shot a real nice 8 pt. last nite wasnt sure about the shot so i left him go yill morning see if can find him he'll score around the 125" inch mark so ill let you guys know if i find him or not wish me luck.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:09 AM

Well I got out last night and boy did I have to work the kinks out! It was my first time for the season and was a week late because of work and doctor stuff. But I had in my head that it was warm out so I took my liner out of my coat and only wore a tee shirt. Well after I got into stand I realized within five minuets that I had screwed up! But I was only cold and not froze so I wanted to stick it out. I was there at 3:30, at about 4:30 or so the wind picked up from the north and boy it sucked, but it was the first day so I had to stick it out! Well at deer thirty the sun started to set and at that point I was shaking like a cat craping razor blades and the wind was blowing so hard I was more focused on holding on to the stand then I was deer hunting so I packed it up with about fifteen minuets left of "prime" time to go. Just couldn't stand it anymore! Well I lower the CB, put on backpack and start down stand. I get about ten feet from ground and what do you think I see? Yep you guessed it a buck! He was a little six point only about twenty to thirty yards behind me! I have pics of him on my cuddeback so I would have let him pass this early in the season but I was just mad that I was busted in stand! So hows every one doing? Lets here some info!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: JESSE JAMES 17

i shot a real nice 8 pt. last nite wasnt sure about the shot so i left him go yill morning see if can find him he'll score around the 125" inch mark so ill let you guys know if i find him or not wish me luck.
Well you are on the right track so far! I just get so upset when my friends tell me they cant find deer, and when I ask how long they let the deer go before they took up the track and they say only about fifteen min or so! Some people just cannot show restraint! Its good that you could wait, go get him and don't give up! Keep us posted!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:16 AM

Just a reminder to ya all. I will admit though I am scared of forgetting the camera and getting caught up in the moment.

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 PM

I went out for an evening hunt, could not drag myself out of bed for the am hunt. But was in stand at 4:00PM. Now the day before I froze, so today I dressed warmer, mistake, sat in stand until six with coat off and still hot! But anyways I did not see anything in stand. I thought I heard a deer pass by in the woods, but who knows them tree rats can play tricks with your head! So I get out of stand at 7:35 and walk past the corner of the woods and I see a deer! It was dark but my eyes had adjusted good and it looked to be a buck, but not certain. He did not run since it was so dark, and he was about eighty yards away so I just kept walking as to not alarm him. Will get back out Wednesday, better luck then.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:59 PM

Big moon and way too hot nothing seemed to be moving.. We have a cold front on it;s way in, so maybe this weekend.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up Jesse? Did you find him? Fill us in.
I have not seen a deer close to me yet.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys

VA's opener was a washout here where I live. I'm hoping it will be better this coming Saturday. I was all pumped up when I was reading the threads and saw Jessies post. But since there wasn't a reply....I'm guessing he didn't find it. I hope he did and is so excited about it he forgot to post the pics and story!!!

Good luck guys! Someone get us on the board.

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.