HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread
Old 10-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Hotburn76

Default RE: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Well I got out last night and boy did I have to work the kinks out! It was my first time for the season and was a week late because of work and doctor stuff. But I had in my head that it was warm out so I took my liner out of my coat and only wore a tee shirt. Well after I got into stand I realized within five minuets that I had screwed up! But I was only cold and not froze so I wanted to stick it out. I was there at 3:30, at about 4:30 or so the wind picked up from the north and boy it sucked, but it was the first day so I had to stick it out! Well at deer thirty the sun started to set and at that point I was shaking like a cat craping razor blades and the wind was blowing so hard I was more focused on holding on to the stand then I was deer hunting so I packed it up with about fifteen minuets left of "prime" time to go. Just couldn't stand it anymore! Well I lower the CB, put on backpack and start down stand. I get about ten feet from ground and what do you think I see? Yep you guessed it a buck! He was a little six point only about twenty to thirty yards behind me! I have pics of him on my cuddeback so I would have let him pass this early in the season but I was just mad that I was busted in stand! So hows every one doing? Lets here some info!