Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

jeff congrats!! thats awesome!!!! i reallllllly need to get out of this state[:-]...i got a couple doe tags..but feel guilty taking does in alot of the areas i hunt...they are trying to do away with deer in PA...well i know the herd needs fixed...but man it makes things rough at times

this AM im perched in my tree...6am i hear one comin..stops broadside 5yds away. i can make out antlers and the body...but i know its all too early..though i know all too many guys woulda shot. then another one..couldnt see him but heard him. they were grunting back and forth all the while its dark milling around. it wasnt a grunt likea grunt call it was a really low key..im 98% sure it was them making the noise. the only way i can describe the noise is putting a badly scratched CD into a CD player..listening to it try to read it..it was a wierd noise but it had to be them making it. soon as i could see the woods were silent. scanned the area hard core and couldnt find them. had to goto the redbrush/jagar field directly behind me. 1040ish i heard dogs barking..definently a good noise..they bark at deer. 1045ish...crunch crunch crunch...here they come. directly to my right. its thick underbursh and close pine trees all together. i cant pull off a left handed shot..i just wasnt comfortable with it and couldnt get my head low enough. they are just sneaking through lookin for a place to hide it looked like. so they were behind trees so i stood up..the top of my viper slid down..they didnt care or look. (i forgot the strap it off..the strap was hanging from the stand all day and i never noticed) trying to make sure the big one was legal and get a shot off..couldnt..he wouldnt stop and it was too thick. the big one was nice. im pretty sure hes the one i shot with my bow. i couldnt get a good look but seen 3 on top and a good 16+ or so spread..but couldnt see the other side or brows..me being me i wanted to know he was legal. (4pts to a side) i could got a solid shot off but between tryin to count points and pick a shooting lane through the tangle he was gone. the other one...i dont know what he was. i just seen antlers comin..they stood straight up and were THICK and pretty danged tall. i never scoped him i was tryin to get a shot at the other one.....they werent in a hurry and im almost sure they laid down just out of sight. had my group come push the area about an hour later and both bucks were nowhere to be found. they pushed the brush field and the 100yd strip of woods and anything in there should came out.....im stumped..i should seen them or someone else should have...i dont know where they coulda went...i pushed the rest of the day...i pushed a kid his first deer(yearling doe)..pushed one of the farmers daughters a nice little 6. and pushed another guy a decint 8pt. not a bad day....i should had mine though. im too law abiding..if i was like alot of other PA hunters id shoot first and count later. if i didnt care about points(i shouldnt been i know it was him but had to make sure) i could killed him...oh well...hopefully he made it...and make it till friday coz ill be back.....

good luck all......keep at it
Old 11-29-2006, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Duke:

Rob wrote some VERY nice thing sin his HNI Journal. I've told him thanks....but I'll publicly say it again. Thanks, Rob.

We had a WONDERFUL time. Lots of beers were consumed....and I learned a few things.....and Rob got to see "suburban deer" hunting at its'......well....he got to see it...lol.

I saw your other buck. Wow. I'm really happy for you. They're EACH special....and that one has a lot of character. Congratulations on a FINE buck and a FINE season.

Oh.....and I appreciate the comments RE: my doe. She's a special lady.....and not too hard on the eyes, either. Thanks, Again.

Jef
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dang fellas, Team XX scored a 152" dandy and knocked us down another notch to what 5th place now....comon boys, I'm still hopin fer ya.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, now for all those who can, back to the trees. mauser06, put down the rifle, pick up the bow.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm still huntin, boss. Still huntin.

I'm heading back to the ambush site (Kaj's front yard) in the morning......and I'll be in the Ring's back yard on Saturday morning.....and I'll be behind the barn on Saturday evening.

Yes. I said that, correctly....lol.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Jeff, and damn if I didn't understand it now too.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yot two have a code now, LOL
Old 11-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been what,3 or 4 days since I posted.I was going to have internet withdrawls---lol
My ISP has screwed up my password ,I still cant get my e-mails to open up and said it might take them up to 2 more days to get it.I am not sure what happened but I wasnt happy.[:@]

Been out a bit,going this afternoon if I can get to bed(working mids) and this Saturday(all day) and sunday evening.
My bud seen 4 buck--2 big ones--in the same field on Monday evening,not sure whats up with that but will definately be out there to try for one of them.

Good luck team and hopefully we can get some more inches added up to our score card.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was reading the bowhunting section and noticed "germ" has started a thread about
"who would you like to bowhunt with at HNI"
Well thank you TJF for choosing me,it definately would be a blast

But seriously----Any one of you guys would be more then welcome to hunt with me.You all sound like great guys and ethical and thats the number one thing I look for in someone to share the woods with.
Good hunting team ,and lets bring another down[8D]
Old 11-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I feel the same way extreme1

Brent you can not where your State Hat around me!!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

man things kinda slowed up in a hurry...with the team..and the score card in general. ive been keepin busy with school work. worked on my "federal job application" yesterday..had a professor proof it today..says i need to brag about myself more but other then that i did good..a bunch of national parks, state parks, army corp of engineers etc will be at our interview session...i gotta be there monday at 2pm. man i hate things like that..but i guess i gotta get used to it...and i hate dressin up[:'(] ..hopefully that goes well. im really looking to either get into a park this summer or fight wildfires. i need a good looking resume and expirience..my dead end jobs help because i deal with people and equipment though...3 solid years of dealing with the public..i should get a prize for that! i havent killed anyone yet

rob...id love to put down the gun and pick up the bow..but its honestly useless...i been checking in with the farm everyday and theyve seen 1 buck since monday(MY big buck) and my farmer buddy missed him. the deer are in peoples backyards already. the nice weather kept alot of guys in the woods this week..we will have a bigger group tomarrow and saturday hopefully. i dont think ill stand hunt at all tomarrow..sleep in and start drives at 10 or so..sat i may stand till the drives start...tomarrows weather is going to be NASTY and way to windy for me to climb a tree!! i may try to still hunt through my area though...i should beable to sneak around pretty good..maybe catch MR big off gaurd..but when the farmer missed him he was tucked in behind an abandoned farmhouse in a jagar patch...he had to go there after i seen him monday and laid there till tuesday when the farmer jumped him.

im starting to loose faith in myself..i put in the leg work..i put in countless hours on stand..and i cant even get it done with a rifle...think ill have to drop a doe this weekend and get my confidence back up...its just a heartbreaker to have that big buck torture me..he looked like something id see on TV when i seen him monday! better believe ill have a lock on in one of them pine trees next year! maybe after rifle season if he makes it and ill stick another arrow in him! we will see...me and buck hunting never panned out well...let alone a trophy buck(for here anyways) sad thing is...i still dont know JUST how big he is...i dont even know if hes the one i hit with the bow or not..we will find out..hopefully i bag him and get my muzzy back

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.