Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Have fun Rob!!

Uncle Trigger filled a 6 point with 5 shots this morning, deer kept moving, he kept shooting. Honest to gods truth!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active lately...

I had both my stands stolen about a month ago. Cut the chains with bolt cutters, took my pegs, and even my little bow holder. I have no clue who did it. Both my stands were in a swamp that you almost had to crawl on hands and knees to get into. That pretty much took the life out of all my bow hunting this year, I'm pretty depressed.

I leave tomorrow night for a 9 day gun hunt up in Wisconsin, then I head down to Southern Illinois for shotgun. Depending how it goes, I might be back in the woods with my bow in December. Maybe I will try some stalking.....

Old 11-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

rob...good luck and have a safe trip!!

im DONE with my project....time to sit back and relax!!!

gunna work this saturday and sunday and split some more firewood for the house...dad brings it home...i split and stack....though i been neglecting my duties all season because of bowhunting and work every time im home! think ill shoot the bow on friday too...and possibly sight in the rifle for the deer loads(sighted in for my groundhog loads now) and probably shoot the flintlock when i shoot the rifle....i know it breaks your guys hearts to hear that....but thats the reality of things lol..i just dont have any spots id feel confident in bowhunting during rifle season. just way to many guys and way too much pressure..and 95% of my rifle hunting is deer drives. ill stand hunt mornings when im home..but come 10am we meet at the farm and pile into the trucks..the late season ill be back bowhunting...i got a feeling the orchard may be good to me...we will see...

keep at it boys!! good luck to all and be safe!!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Matt:

I'll ship you a climber if you'll send it back after the season. Its never been in a tree. I bought it new, this year (Summit bullet backpacker.....just like the Viper only collapsible to pack).

Just say the word. I'll get it out of here. I'm not kidding.

Jeff
Old 11-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

100th post cool.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt I have some extra hang-ons so let me know!!

Jeff is Rob Still alive?

Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey guys....

Rob was down visiting, this past weekend. Sorry Rob.....I'm really sorry you couldn't find one to shoot. Heck....you only saw 60+!

Jeff
Old 11-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Jeff, I'm not sorry, not in the least. It was a great trip, great time and great hunt. Taggin an animal is secondary to the whole experience. It would have been nice to accomplish our goal for that family but I have faith you'll get the job done without me. With all those woods rats, it's inevitable. I can't wait for more pics. Thanks again, fantastic time.

On another note:, where the hell is our team? Comon guys, I'm keeping the faith, let's down a couple more.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm going to hang a lock-on in the place we hunted on Saturday, tomorrow at lunch. It will be a neat little second "ambush" site for early mornings....and maybe an afternoon sit. I know I still have time to get a couple more.....and I'm sure I will. I'm going to take the first doe I see from now on.....if it's early in the hunt.....or VERY late. I also wen tto meet the landowner of the lot across the street from where we saw all the deer crossing. I have access to those woods, now......exclusively (as are all my spots). I'm seriously set for next year.......and that's a great feeling.

I'm glad Rob got to see the way I hunt, here. It's different.......that's about all I can think to say. I have a VERY unique dynamic that rules my herd. It's just completely different than what most people have. The good thing is, though......I have multiple targets.

Let's hear it from the guys still looking to score. We can still win this thing!

Jeff

Old 11-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Rob, I'm here bud and still bow hunting. I'm not touching a gun until I down a nice buck with the Bowtech!!!

Jeff I'm busy but know how and whento manage my projects! No naughty durring shooting light! Buying a housedurring bow season on the other hand,[:@][:@][:@][:@]Never again!

The first morning of the shotgun season (Sat)I took Amanda out for her first everdeer hunt. I setup two lock ons side by side in a big split tree. It was a great funnel setup. She had the remi 20g 1100 and I tookthe bow just incase things got crazy. Not long after legal shooting light she shot at a nice fat doe but hit the only pine branch in sight between us and the deer. We saw lots of deer and if she was a little quicker with her feet and swing she could've had a shot at a four point from behind us but we didn't want to rush shots. At around 11:15 a nice doe walked into 30yds and she rolled her with a great shot. It was so cool, she was exited and did an awesomejob keeping her cool before the shot. I'll post some picswhen I can.I'm back to work now it sux after three or four weeks of vacation.

Brett Congrats on a great buck that's a beauty! Where still in this, I got word thatthat big ten I saw in October made it though theopening day.

I haven't had a chance to double checkyet but it is legal to hunt with a bow durring the PA riffle season isn't it? I'll look it up when I get a minute. I'vegotta get back to work.Good luck to those still plugging away with the stick and string!Sorry I've not been on heremuch. I don't have internethooked upat the new houseyet cuz I'mnever there andwhen Iam there'sto much to do to be watching tv or getting on the putter.

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.