Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Well guys, I think it is over. I just have to go and recover him. I shot a decent buck this morning at 4 yards. I thought I had done the area inthis morning when I heard the deer running through the timber as I approached it at 5 a.m. About 5:30 they all came back, and were standing all around my stand. They wandered off just before daylight. I can't say it enough, but scent elimination is awesome. I didn't see another deer until 7:10. This buck worked out ofa thicket and along the fenceline about 60 yards out. I got him to stop with the grunt call, but couldn't get him to cross the fence. He walked another 30 yards and I bleated at him. This time he moved across the fence, and came directly to my stand. He stepped out from behind the trees at 4 yards and I put a good shot on him. He was quartering toward me, and the arrow went straight down inside him right at the shoulder. He ran off slowly back to where he came from. I am going to wait until 8:30 to go back and recover him. The arrow was still sticking out of him about 5 inches, so I want togive him plenty of time. Wish me luck, and I will let you know the rest of the story when I am all done. Good luck everyone, and good shooting.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like you nailed him. He's down and not far, you did the right thing by waiting, good luck and I look forward to the pictures. Good job, comin on strong boys. Q2 is headed to my place tomorrow night and hunting with me as a camera man since I'm tagged out through next week. I'll try to put him on a bruiser, as much as it'll hurt my team...lol that's just the kind of guy I am..... Of course as soon as he draws I'm going to scream.[8D]
Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Great job woodline, I am sure you gothim on the ground.I hope you are taking pictures with him as I am typing this. Chalk another one up for team Mega Bucks. They bettter watch out. I sure hope he is that 140 class deer you saw last night, if not, no big deal. Any deer is a great one with a bow.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Woodline sounds like you got a good hit on him , cant wait for the pictures and story.
You did the right thing by waiting , I wish I could out right now it's a beautiful day for hunting.
I got the gas manhere right now so I might be able to sneak out for an evening hunt.
Don't forget about your team T - shirt in the photo and good luck to you and the rest of the team.
By the way has anyone heard from orr2003 he hasn't logged in or posted anything in quite a while.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Woodline and good luck in your tracking I hope he's right there waiting on you. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, this deer is awesome. More than I was expecting. I have yet to put a tape on him, but I am guessing 145-155. He must have 6 inch bases and he carries the mass out to the end of his horns. He is not real tall, but he has 13 scorable points. Both of his brow tines are split, he has a kicker off of his G2 and a nice eye guard. He has a lot of character. My brother-in-law and I found him only 250 yards away. He was already starting to stiffen up, so I am sure he went down quickly. My brother-in-law had to get back to work, so I took the pictures at home. I do have my T-shirt on though. Hopefully I can get them posted tonight, and get him scored and entered. Good luck to everyone who is still hunting, good hunting and good shooting.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You da man Woodline!!! Congratulations and I'm even more excited about the pics now. I've noticed a lot of deer being posted on the scorecard the past few days.....There must be something in the air!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:19 PM

Congrats on a great buck!!! I think we should get 25 points or so for Team 13 for the drag out.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Woodline , that a boy.... The carma is working I'm going stir crazy 1 more day AHHHHHHHHHH. Cant wait to see pics. If Rob screams it will only be him being pushed out of the tree for screaming lol..
Old 11-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go woodline thats what i like to hear! Now im just goin to sit here waiting for those pictures lol sounds like an awsome buck!

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.