Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

well today didnt go so well. i went out for an afternoon hunt, got to my stand about 3ish. about 30 minutes go by when out of the corner of my eye, i see two black straydogs running across the cornfield to the left of my stand.they make there way to with in 10 ft of the tree im in. and i figure they will just leave andgo on there marry way.well they did..... sorta.. they left but about 10 minutes later i here barking and back out in the corn field about 50 yards away i see them chasing a buck and two does the exact wrong way and off our farm. i was so freeking poed i could have killed them, but i didnt. i cought them and put them in a extra pen we have out there to await the dog pound or someone to claim them. i hope this doesnt set the pace for the rest of the weekend for me../ good luck guys. happy hunting
Old 10-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

My bro-in-law spotted a real nice 150-160 class buck tonight hanging close to a doe. It was just off of the property we hunt, and I am sure it is traveling back and forth between the two. I will be going out on Wednesday, and then start vacation on Saturday. It can't get here soon enough. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well team I went out for an evening hunt today , saw four good size does but didn't take a shot at them.
Altough I had the oppertunity one of them was just twenty two yards off to my right and she gave me a clear broadside shot.
Gotta admit it was temping as all get out but I kept telling my self ( I say self don't shoot those does now you need them to bring Mr. MEGA BUCK in) so I told my self ok.
I know what you guys are thinking and you may be right I am a little crazy in the head but it was fun just drawing on those does and knowing I could have pop them if I wanted to.
One day last week before the rain came in I had a little spike horn just Fifthteen yards in front of me and he didn't even know I was there.
At least I know my camo and sent control is working for me , when you can get deer that close with out them knowing.
I'm going back out tomarow for an all day hunt and try some rattling maybe that will convince some big buck to come in to range , wish me luck and good luck to the rest of you.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like everyone is seeing some movement I wont be out until Friday but then again I am off until the 13th of November plenty of time to score on a brute.I was going to go out this am but got off work at 1am and had to go back in at 530am so I bushed I'm going to go to bed I have to work at 2 so good luck to those who are searching and a pat on the back to those who have scored and are awaiting the pics from the rest of us.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats bwhunter 501, that's a great buck!! Here is a link to2 pics of my 6, I scored it at56 1/8". I have not posted the score because it keeps saying the file is too large and I'm having trouble resizing it. The only way I could get it up here is through a link. Anyone help with this??

http://i14.tinypic.com/2mdgoz7.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/2a64idw.jpg
Old 10-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MDS184122577

Nate,

I have been playing with that webpage....Everyone try this link to check out the deer...i hope it works

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=48p0c49

I will tell you what gents and ladies....i was sitting about 50 yards from the whole thing and it was exciting to listen to. It happened only moments after i got sniped from about 10 yards out by this Doe.....being new at the bowhunting thing i learned a valuable lesson. Always wait for them to move before you do......it was still exciting to be that close, but i did leave discouraged. Anyway....i heard the bow, and then a flurry of leaves and branches....followed by another series of noises....then a large sigh of relief......of course i thought he shot the doe i spooked...........Anyway about 30 minutes later i could here him coming down from his climber, and at that moment in time i knew my hunt was over.........The things you have to do for your buddies......lol
MDS184 I couldn't get you link to work. After you upload the image it will give you three links to the pic. Use thelink for e-mails as it loads quicker than the other two. Copy the link then paste it into the forum.The link you posted takes me to the site but not the pic.

NEVER MIND, IT JUST WORKED THE LAST TIME I TRIED IT. It took a while though.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic of the wee one.

http://i13.tinypic.com/48znk0m.jpg

and another:

http://i14.tinypic.com/2cih2f4.jpg
Old 10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Here ya go New, just right click the pic,open properties, highlight the entire address, copy. Then go to the scoreboard, hit reply,open the picture icon above (with the mountain scene on it), paste the address in the bar, hit "ok".

Now go to that scoreboard and get us to the top!!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Ok guys, just checking in to see how everyone was doing and to let everyone know how the weekend went.

Congrats on the great deer bwhunter 501, that is one monster deer for a 2 1/2 yr old.

Well, I had a pretty good weekend, saw a lot of deer, shot a doe, and watched my little brother shoot a coyote. I took my video camera and digital camera to the stand with me this weekend. I took a lot of good pictures, I won't share them all, but I will show a few. It is getting close to prime time, I saw a little 6 pt. grunting and chasing does around my food plot this weekend. The littler ones are getting fired up, the big ones won't be too far behind. Here are some pics hope you all enjoy. Oh yeah, I remembered my shirt this time, a little late, but you get to see my ugly mug in it anyway:

Old 10-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Millertime great pics love seeing them..Great doe and what a nice shirt..My time off cant get here soon enough Thursday until the end of the Pa first season. But first my boy is playing in his first championship football game tomorrow at defensive end under the lights ( he is 10yrs old ) the 31st, he is goingin with a 7-1 record. Hopefully they will win and give methat big smile walking into the deer woods for a possible double with my good friend Rob/Pa. Either way I'm a proud pappa and I cant wait to be perched 20ft up with my bow and grinning from ear to ear. Q2

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.