Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Well, rifle season is over here and time to pick up the bow again. I got a pic of another good one in my area this past weekend, I hope I can catch him slipping. If not, no big deal, he be a monster next year and will give me a little extra drive to be in the woods. I didn't do any good during rifle, I saw a bunch of little bucks, does, and fawns. Nothing worth shooting, in my opinion. My cousin did get his first buck Sunday off of our place.
I had been seeing this deer pretty regularly since August. I have about 70 game cam pics of him and watched him several times with does during season. We wanted him to go another year or two, but I am happy he shot him, especially for being his first buck. Just go to the link and click on the picture, and the video should load and play.
http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=3237&limit=recent

Here are two pics of the new deer in my area and the last cam pic I got of the deer my cousin shot:

I am not sure why, but the pictures are showing up in my message but they won't show in the post. Here are the links to the pictures.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

RD I hope you are feeling better, I know it has to be killing not to be out there but you know when you get the chance the big boy will be waiting.

Hatchet good luck I hope to a good Pa buck make us proud.. The gun season here well only one guy I know scored and it was a beauty but my Dad nor my Brother scored.

New- awsome gesture to Rd, great guy is all i can say....

Millertime - Again some nice pics. What are the liscense fees? lol

Well guys I'm going back out to the deer woods I have been the dog for everyone and anyone here in Pa for the gun season have a great one guys....
Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Q2.

There ya go MT10...you had too many charaters(the numbers) after the .jpg.

On PhotoBucket, you want the URL address.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Team

Man I gotta tell ya all this is not my year , last tuesday I put a post in the BowHumnting Forum about my twin brother having to go to the hospital for heart problems.
Will in less than 24 hours I had a problem with my breathing and passed out in my bathroom , when my dog couldn't geta response from me she ( the dog ) went in to the bedroom and woke my wife up and got her to follow her to the bathroom where I was .
When my wife saw me in the condition that was in and couldn't get a response she called 911 and I ended up at the same hospital my brother is in.
After they ran some blood test they told me that I had sufferd a light heart attack as well , so I went the hospital eary thursday morning around 3:30 am and I just came home at 5 : 00 pm today .
Pretty wierd crap that Identical Twins would have the same thing happen to them within a short time frame.
I'm ok now but I have to be very careful about what I do and what I eat from this point on , I'm really grateful to my dog that she is smart enough to do what she did for me .
It really makes me think that God works in mysterious ways.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Wow...Rd, I am glad to hear you are ok. That sure does sound scary, thank goodness for your dog. That isn't the first time I have heard of a dog doing something like that, they truly are special animals. Like you said, God does work in mysterious ways. Hope you have a complete and healthy recovery and may God bless you and your family.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear you are OK RD. Sounds like a scary time at your house. Nice pics Millertime, that buck will be awesome next year.

We just finished our shotgun season here. My father in law shot a decent 10 point, my brother in law and I shot does. I had one real nice buck in range, but everything that could go wrong did. I am waiting for December 18th, so I can start muzzleloader hunting. Hopefully I will be able to connect on a good one.

Good luck everyone! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks MILLERTIME10
I'm doing what I can to take care of myself and watching what I eat and all that stuff.
As long asI wake up every morning and still breathing I thank God for it.
Take care and God Bless you and your family as well.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rd I hope your feeling better and give that Dog a T-Bone stake! Take it easy. I went out Friday and did not see a deer. Things are alittle shook up in the woods with all the gun hunting. Things will go back to normal for the late archery season after Xmass I hope. I need a break to regroup and tune things up,clean an wash my clothes . I will be ready for late Archery! I want to give a plug for the Heater Body Suit. I used it for the first time up the mountians last Tuesday. It was 23 degrees with a stiff 20mph wind on the point I was hunting. I sat there from 6am til 1pm and I did not even have a hint of chill in my body. This suit works great and you will not get cold in it. This will be a big tool for me in the late Archery season to keep me in the woods longer. Pa is cold this time of year! Good luck , be safe, and hang in there RD!

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks hatchet and Woodline
I'm glad to hear your dad got a ten pointer , Woodline I bet he is one happy hunter and hatchet I wish you luck the next time you go out and don't forget that body suit.
I ordered one and still haven't got it yet , I hope to use it before my season ends .
I hope that Holliday and orr2003 get one too , they haven't logged in lately and I sent them E - Mails and P M s quiet some time ago.
When I check out the score card I saw that our team is now in fourth place so the rest of us inculding me got to get out there and get one.
Well I 'll get back with you all later but until then I wish you all a safe and happy holliday season , like Tiny Tim said in that christmas movie "GOD BLESS EVERYONE GOD BLESS US ALL "
Old 12-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

RD I hope you are feeling better and give your dog a big hug there alot more special than people give them credit for. I wish your family a Healthy and Safe Holliaday Season God Bless You All..Q2

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.