Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:54 AM

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

That a boy canuck way to arrow a good one.

Season opens up in 8 days and the count down is on!!!!!!!! can't wait to see the other pics from everyone.

sorry college is here and i won't be on very much....work and college have me very tied down... i will get on here when i can

good luck on the moose hunt
Old 09-08-2006, 03:53 PM

all right hope i can score this year way to go
Old 09-09-2006, 12:44 PM

I went this morning. Full moon, so I went late. Saw 5 does and a yearling 6 pointer. Not too bad for only scouting this new property twice.The first was at 9, and the last at 12:15. Came down at 12:45.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

Cool, it looks like the season is getting pretty close for most of you. It's always neat to anticipate how you're going to catch up to that elusive buck, and I'm rooting for you 100%.

Firearms season starts here tomorrow, so I think the deer will become much more elusive real quick. So for fun, I went out at the usual hunting time this morning but armed with a camera. The deer were still nice and relaxed but it was a little dark for pictures when they came by my spot, so the slow shutter speed gave me only blurry images. Here's one of the nicer bucks.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Canuck 2

Congrats on your velvet buck!! Great way to get your team on the board. Best of luck with the shoulder surgery.

Antler Eater

Good luck hunting those elk. No excuses this year of helping other get their mule deer. I want to see that " masked "mug of your's sitting behind a big bull. Look forward to reading the story when you get back!!

Tim
Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 PM

well guys looks like im going to be using my mathews for deer season got the groups down to smaller than a baseball with6 arrows one more time at the range to adjust the sight and im ready 20 days to go we start on the 30th this year i want to hang one more stand but i wontuse it till the end of oct the big buck is still there and some big ol fat does
Old 09-11-2006, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Fellas picked up my Game Cam over the weekend. A little disappointed. I only got a couple does and a 4 point on film. The 4 point would fool ya he has decent tines but no brow tines what-so-ever. So I'm still hoping to spot a really big boy. I did see another smallish 8 point as I drove through the area Sunday Morning. He was totally hard horned no velvet left. The 4 point had velvet peeling off badly.

I'm still excited about the seasons possibilities even without a confirmed monster in the area. My area holds a lot of doe and deer activity is good. So when the hormones start flowing through the big boys, I have a real good chance that some non-locals will come a courtin.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:45 PM

i have a buck on one of the places i hunt he dont show till the last week of oct
Old 09-12-2006, 03:34 PM

Well boys i have little over 3 days to season opener... and i am buying the last of everything today.... I just want to say good luck to everyone and i know that we will come close to taking this tournament. so GOOD LUCK AND LETS KICK SOME @$$
Old 09-12-2006, 06:22 PM

dang we still have 17 days to go

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.