Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

fsh, those are nice deer - both the live ones as well as your bow kills. jerry, good ones you have there too. In keeping with the current theme, here's a few more.

2004 bow kill
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/IMGP0704.jpg

2005 rifle kill
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/IMGP1337.jpg

In my back yard after the season was over
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/IMGP1402.jpg

Alright, what's happening? For some reason I can't get the pictures to show up directly as they usually do. So here's the links.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg, I'm also very sorry to hear of your loss. Of course we will dedicate our efforts to the Memory of your father. Perhaps one of the avatar gurus can put a black band on the sleeve of our underdog logo as a visual reminder to us and all those who challenge us, that we fight with a heavy heart for one of our teammates!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

My season's efforts will be dedicated to your dad too, Greg.
Here is...
-fsh

Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

I should keep mymouth shut, because I know what usually happens when a person starts yapping off. Things don't go according to plan. However - this morning I set one of my frequent unsuccessful ambushes for, hopefully, a nice whitetail. Unfortunately, I set up on the wrong trail by about 60 yards.

First a nice 4 point (western style here - that's 4 per side)ambled up the hill with 3 does close behind. About 15 minutes later, the real parade started. In all, 7 bucks and4 does/fawns. Of the 7, 4 were 4x4 or larger. When my heart rate got back below 150, another 2 bucks came on the same path, a 3x3 and a dandy 4x5. Oh, I did have one spike come by me at about 15 yards. For some reason, I was not tempted to take him.

So I know where I'll be setting up tomorrow. Wish me luck; they'll probably all go past where I was this morning.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:24 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the updates Canuck - are any of these bucks the same ones in your posted picture? Your stories are getting the adrenaline flowing...
-fsh
Old 09-06-2006, 04:03 AM

well guys only a few weeks left im ready havnt decided what stand to hunt first yet
Old 09-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen, good to hear and see all of the activity. Unfortunatley I had to come home "elkless"from my elk hunt but I will be going back in about a weekfor the last 10 days or so of the season when they are rutting. I am in an unfamiliar area and it is going to be tough to score on a nice bull but that is why they call it hunting. It doesn't mattter how tough it is, itis still a blast! [8D]

Greg, what can I say...I can onlyimagine the grief and the pain of your loss. Hopefully this season will turn out to be a special one for you and yours. We are all behind you buddy! Take the time to do whatever you have to do. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I will say that from the sound and looks of things you guys are hunting some "hammers"! In all honesty I haven't seen a good buck aroundmy areasince November of last year. There has to be some around, I just haven't seen them. I am way behind on putting my stands up and the clock is ticking. So I better get at it....
Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Back Antlereater, I'm sure the rut will bring you more action.

I put my camera out on Monday evening. I'll probably pick it up this weekend (if I can wait that long). I hung it as close to the "Buck Bedroom" as I dare. So we'll see what I get. The Farmer and another non-hunting buddy, who live adjacent to the land I hunt, keep talking about this whopper buck. I have only got pics of a couple 8's a couple 6's and some smaller. The one 8 I posted the picture of is the biggest thatI have record of so far this year. He is a nicebuckbut no whopper. So who knows what non-hunters call a whopper??I did glimpse a Big Buck in the haze one evening but i don't know how big.

I'll post up any good pics I get..

Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 AM

Greg i am very sorry for your loss... ihad a grandpa pass away before i could get a chance to hunt with him...again i am very sorry for your loss....

Only 10 days left till season will open up in minnesota....i am all set up and ready to get.....got to buy few more things on thursday but i know i will hopefully ge a bruiser this year....

keep on hunting those bucks canuck, you'll get um sooner or later

antler eater good luck on the upcoming elk hunt... lots of pictures are to be expected.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

What is everyone shooting this year for a Broadhead? Fixed, Mechanical ??

Me:
Muzzy MX-4's fixed 4 bladed broadhead in 100 grains. These things are awesome and fly Great!

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.