Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread >

19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 19 check in thread

Guys! Team name needed, Stax of Rax, rackateers, etc. we need ideas and stay in touch. Don't forget to keep the post numbers up! If you have any freinds on other teams it's time to lay some smack on em. It's OK to post some good natured ribbing and teasing on their own threads. Lets get this show on the road!

I must have too much time on my hands!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:48 PM

I think Stax of Rax is a sweet name. I'll give it my vote for now. I'll show you guys one of the bucks I'll chasing around this season.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any name will be fine. I have some friends on the other teams I'll have to go over and give them some crap.
Like I said, NC won't produce any monsters and to be honest I have never scored a deer in my life. But I've got some wall hangers IMO.
I'll see if I can dig up a pic and give you an idea of what the normal big buck is in my area.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got this one last year the first day of black powder.
Decent 8 pointer with a 16 " inside spread.
What do you think he would score? His G-2's were about 12" long if that helps any.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 PM

Score don't matter. Thats a very nice buck. Just take one your proud of and worry about the score later. If you can score another like that one you can be on my team anyday.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks.

My goal this year (main goal) is to help my son get his first deer. He has become very proficient shooting my .30-30.
He controls the muzzle and aims using the scope and I brace the rifle for him. He's very accurate within 40 yards and is shooting about a 4'' group.
We will be hunting out of a box blind (the same box blind I got the above deer out of.)

Of course he gets his first real bow next week (I'm more excited than he is)but it will be quite sometime before he is able to pull back enough to take a deer with it.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Size doesn't really matter here. Too often if you hold out for a big buck you may get none! Cumulative inches matters. Remember that 10 deer scoring 90" each is better than 5 P&Y 150 ". THat's 900 v. 750. Where I hunt I can take multiple bucks, so the first halfway decent one that comes by I'm gonna take. If your rules are more restrictive then you have no choice. If you have a choice then that's just it you choice, but it all adds up!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get em brother he looks like a winner!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:14 PM

Thanks, I'm hoping to get a crack at him this fall.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

We do need to get the name settled, plus I don't know how to edit the title of the thread. Stax of Rax? Any other ideas, a logo perhaps,some of the members here can make one for us if none of us can,I know I can't.

Quick Reply: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.