Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread >

19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

This is him back in July.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

NICE BUCK GOOSE! That's one heck of a way to get us started, and I hope some more of us can help out. I'll be out again tomorrow, and whenever else I can be in the next 2 weeks. I saw some good ones this week, but no shots were ever offered. The rut's really starting in here in WI, so let's get rolling boys!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:49 PM

had a 160-170 class deer under the stand last night at 15 yards and couldn't take the shot. damn dog chassed him in then he stopped right behind a tree in front of me then he took off agian because the dog was getting close. i was so ****ing mad. what would you have done in this situation?

take the shot anyways?
shot the dog?
Old 11-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Alabama, Shoot the dog.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:59 PM

Congrats Goose...nice one. My weekend was very exciting. I saw a beautiful 140+ buck but he didn't come any closer than 70 yds. Passed on a 4 pter and big bladed looking spike. Cool looking deer. Tonight I missed a basket rack 8 shot over his back. That kinda sucked. Gun season opens up here in MO next weekend so it might be some time before they settle back down.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Goose, we're on the board now!
My weekend in Wi was very good! I got some meat for the freezer. Shot a button buck. Saw plenty of deer on fri,none on sat and then deer on Sun. Had a close encounter,before i killed the button buck I shot a small doe(or button buck)Thought it was a great shot and was expecting an easy recovery. Waited an hour and went looking,no blood, Finally found some blood and began following. I should have backed out. Blood and fat on the arrowand brown hair no stomach contents. I follow this trail for two hours often on my hands and knees spraying peroxide on suspected drops to see if they foam. At one point I hear a sound and stand up. There in front of me is a ginourmous buck 8-point. Probably weighed 250#. My bow? 20 yds back on the trail remember I'm on my hands and knees! Anyway looked the next day for an hour and could't find him so I gave up. Decided in conversation with a buddy that it was probably a brisket shot. I hope he recovers and in acouple of years I kill a buck with a scar on his brisket. The one I killed the next day was a 10yd shot and textbook shot placement. only went 20yds and I saw him stagger like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean fall over dead
Old 11-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good buck, congrats!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Nice Buck, major congats, good job getting us on the board!!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm so bummed. Got a shot off on a nice 8-pointer as he was going to check a scrape. Gut shot him and could not recover the deer. This is in a residential area with some swamps. I spent the whole day checking both likely areas stomping through the reeds, spent another 2 hours today with no luck. Sorry guys he would've been a nice addition to our total.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 19 check in thread

Hey team 19. Want to make sure here right off the bat that you know I am NOT the wi on your team. WIHUNTER02 is my girlfriends son. He has not been out here for a while as he is busy with school, getting his drivers license and ski season is getting started. Skiing is number one with him and he is now done with bow hunting this year. He has several deer near him but he was never able to get off a shot at one that he felt he could make. He is very good out to 20 and he could to as far as 30 yards but the deer just never gave him the chance. Anyway on team 30 we have not heard from several people and I know how that can be so I wanted to post this for him as I don't think he is going to beable to find thetime to do it. He did hunt hard this season too. We got out for a total of 17 days (mostly the weekends). Good luck to your team and hunt safe.

Quick Reply: 19-Team "Stax of Rax" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.