" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread >

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:37 PM

Default RE: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Took a look at the leader board tonight. The leading team has 573", 6 of their 10 hunters have posted bucks but only 2 of their bucks are over 100". We are going to be sitting at 210" with ony 2 hunters posting bucks. We are right where we need to be. Now is prime time, if we can throw another 3 or 4 bucks on the board we will be right in the mix. Good luck to everyone. Now that I'm tagged out I am the official team cheerleader.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

lefty I am there with you as a cheerleader but I am not wearing a skirt so don't even think about it!!! good luck to everyone else, pulling for you. Going out here in few to see if I can't fill some tags!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:11 PM

Is anyone else hunting? Everyone has been pretty quiet the last few weeks. How about some updates on your seasons.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 AM

sorry to hear about your job lefty, congrats on that fine buck to, wbeen having no luck with the deer this week ,did find a nice big fresh scape out in my area i hunt the most, going out in the morning, hoppfully will see some action[8D]
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Host of Hosts

Is anyone else hunting? Everyone has been pretty quiet the last few weeks. How about some updates on your seasons
I'll be hunting real hard this final week in Pa. I have 4 of the 7 days off to hunt. The best part of it is the rut is in full swing now.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

well here is the second buck that I shot this year he was an older deer with a small rack must not have had good genes. Any how hope the rest of you guys and gal are hitting it hard and the best of luck to you. I am off next week to south dakota for opening of rifle and some pheasent hunting. Buddy of mine said he has see two monsters in his pasture, so we will have to see if we can get them on the wall.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Palmer looks like you're having quite the season, unfortunately my season has been less than stellar. missed a big 8/9 last Friday, I'll estimate 105 to 115", an extra large case of buck feverfor me to contemplate. Been out twice since and havent seen a deer. We're having our usual November warm spell, 65 the last two days. Planning on sleeping in tomorrow and sitting from 11 til dark. Tomorrow is last day in PA for the regular archery season.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Host of Hosts

Well I had deer all over me again today. I had a couple small bucks in a corn field about 50 yards out and another buck which I think was a small 8 come through twice within an hour and a half but at around 60 yards the first time and 75 the second time. I grunted, I bleated I snort wheezed I rattled, but he just wouldn't come in. I had three small doe come under my stand at just about dark and momma came in and stood 15 yards from my stand until well after dark. She just wouldn't leave. I was half way down the tree before she went out and she wasn't even in a hurry she kinda just walked off. Well I hope I can connect tommorrow, but the weather looks like thunderstorms, so I don't know what will happen. I'll give it a whirl though.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

FOP I think the unusual weathere is across the country we were in the 80s last week since when is it 80 degrees in nebraska in november!! any how like I said off to SD this weekend and that is it for me for the year, except maybe doing some video taping for a couple of buddies. Having shoulder surgery on the 21st so that will end a season really fast. anyhow good luck to everyone and lets keep up the chater on here hell just stop by and tell us about your day even if you don't get anything I have been looking at other teams and they are up to 30-40 pages this is a good thing to get to know other hunters so lets get to posting!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

I dined on a tag sandwich last evening, rain and thunderstorms put a damper on my last evening.

Quick Reply: 2- Team "Deuce" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.