Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Old 10-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Good luck guys.

DaveC, I'll be in Texas too stickin some pigs down on by Ennis and possibly a deer. Some bbq hog with a cold bur' doesn't get much better than that. Anyway good luck to everyone let's get on the board.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:55 PM

Your missing opening day in Mass Mike!!??

6 days and a wakeup and I'm Huuuuuunting!!!!! Woohoo!

Opening day has rarely ever been productive for me, but I take it off from work and hunt it all day each year. Maybe this year will be different. A whole new hunting area might be just the ticket!

Pray for a EastNorthEast Wind for me fellas!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW Trembow,
I'm not going to miss opening day come hell or high water. I'm back just went up for 4 days. did a little scouting and got a little (lost) turned around for about an hour, took in the Fryberg fair met up with some folks from huntingchat.net nice folks all from Maine. Cut down a bunch of trees I'm trying to open up a Mountin View on my property but its a lot of work.
Anyway My stands are up and ready I'm going to sneak in Sunday and put up my ladder for Monday morning and sneek back out again. ( I really hate thives) I was afraid to leave my ladder up and I locked my stand even though there is no ladder to it. I scored off this stand on a nice buck opening day last year and the year before I took a monster and I missed an even bigger one 3 years ago there with my muzzle loader. Lets hope it stays hot.
I am real lucky for time off this year I have to work nest Sat. and the Sunday before thanksgiving and thanksgiving day and thats it till Dec. 4th
Old 10-11-2006, 02:30 PM

You lucky bastahd!

I just picked up another ladder stand this AM at Wally World in Raynham.

Going to put it up at my "old" property tomorrow AM just in case this new one doesn't pan out, although I'm going to give the new one a fair shake. I just don't know the other guys who hunt it or what's going on on nearby properties.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, its been a while since i've checked in and just wanted to let you all know i'm still here. nice logo by the way. i'll have to figure out how to add to my name. I have been out a couplke of time so far, mainly to check on stands and see how they held up thru the winter. all are in great shape. saw a few smaller bucks, probably 1st rack on them, hopefully they live for a few years and saw planty of doe. looks like they need thinned out so i'll fill my freezer for sure. i "head hunt" during bow season and the 1st day or 2 of shot gun then it all about the freezer if i dont get lucky before that. check back soon..........................
Old 10-12-2006, 05:29 AM

Hey guys. Laast night it snowed but was 20 - 30 mph winds but i went out anyway. I saw 10 deer! 2 does came out right by my stand onto the field. i couldnt pull back because the stand has a shooting rail that blocks my bow on that side.[:@]So I waited. they had no clue i was there. one walks in front of my stand and looks at the road. when im about to draw back, they run into the woods[:@]It doesnt get much closer than that.
Im going to wyoming at the end of the month through the first week of november for a rifle hunt for mulies.Good luck guys
Old 10-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll get them 24/7. By the way, where are you going hunting in Wyoming? I grew up there in Worland, Laramie, and Gillette. I'm headed to NW OK this weekend it should be pretty decent with the front blowing through. You guys stick a big one and let's have some pics back here on Monday.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ijust got back from my trip last night and DIDN"T even see a deer [:'(].

It was hot with acorns on the ground and a full moon, so I'm not 100% discouraged YET. I did find 2 fresh rub lines so I know there is at least 1 or 2 bucks on the property.
The pigs were everywhere and weren't helping much either.

I did stick3 pigs and found 2. The firstI hit high in what would be a good shot on a deer, but not so on a pig (mid body height wise above the nuckle). I relearned the lesson on the first one and hit paydirt on the next 2.

When I get time I'll post a pic or two, you won't believe what an iddy biddy 65# sow leg bone did to my phantom.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:53 PM

dwd2001 - Im going to be hunting in the black hills nat. forest near sundance. we hunted between buffalo and gillette last year. I went to yellowstone with my grandparents the last 2 years and went through worland. I love the country there. Havent been to laramie

I think ive got these stupid does patterned. last night i saw one 20 yards away but she was real spooky probably because it was so windy. the stand made a little noise and she took off. about 5 others came out in a spot where i have a ground blind and im going there tonight. Good luck guys.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys aren't going to belive this!!!!

I went to my little sweet spot to put up my ladder to my stand today as I picked this spot for tomorrows opening day. Well when I got there the trees were gone! I mean cut clean piled up and ready to go. Now I had teo stands hanging so I went in and looked around one was still in the tree they haden't got to yet so I took that down the other was gone as was the tree it was in. I searched high and low and coulden't find it. I was on my way out and I saw a pile of hard wood trees so I climbed my way into them and you guessed it there on the bottom of the pile was the tree with my stand still on it. It was banged up but I was able to get it off the tree and I think its still useable. I sure hope this is not an omen of how my season is going to be. First all the problems with my bow and now this. Man this was such a sweet spot no one else ever hunted there and I took some really nice bucks out of there. I used to go there with my grand dad and my dad (god rest their soles) and started hunting there over 40 years ago. Man I'm loosing so many spots I am starting to see why a lot of older guys quit huntingthings like this are really hard on the heart I have a lot of great family memories from there. All smashed now. Opening day tommorow I don't even think I'll go out. Good Luck guys

Quick Reply: 31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.