Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Old 08-21-2006, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Here we are-

Team 31

283. NJBowman
269. OkieArcher
29. Trembow
151. DaveC
195. dwd2001
228. ohiohunter07
140. teamster284
175. 24/7 hunter
219. Mike Hill
13. Froman

I'm DaveC from a town near Houston, TX. I hunt two different parts of the state, one in the piney woods of East Texas and the other in the rocky hilly mountainous southwest Texas (new lease).
Stands are in place, time to sit a hunt or two to figure out what we have on the new lease beside PIGS- we know we have lots of those .

How are everybody else’s season prospects looking?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:43 AM

Default RE: Team 31 check in thread-

Hey everyone. I hunt in wisconsin. Mostly in the swamps and river bottoms in the central part of the state where I live. My dad and his friend also lease land in the hilly SW part of the state. Around home Ive seen a few does which is good since In my part of the state, we need to kill a doe before we get a buck tag. Last night I saw a bachelor group of 4 or 5 bucks. Most were 1.5 or 2.5 years old. Good luck to everyone.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:52 PM

hi all I'm OkieArcher ,I'm hunting around central Oklahoma on a lease. we have a 150+ in.deer Me and a hunting buddy are going to be chaseing around come oct. 1, hopefully I'll ge him...but if not there is another pretty nice one..It's been a long HOT!!!! SUMMER, I'm ready for it to cool off and get in the woods/////////// WHATdo ya'll say we WIN this thing////

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Jeff
Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi everyone Mike Hill here from Mass. Our season dosen't get going until 16 Oct. so as usuall I will probibly be the last one to get started on the team. I took a nice 8 point opening day last year unfortunitly there were only 2 of us from my team last year to score. Lets get er done this year It already looks like we got some folks who live in Big Buck country so we should have a good shot at this thing. If I can help out in any way just let me know.Lets start thinking of a team name and slogan.Now the hard part the waiting
Old 08-21-2006, 10:38 PM

Hey Folks! Another Yankee on your team for ya.

I'm also from Mass. I had big hopes last year for an Illinois bruiser but I came home with a doe instead [&:] I then proceeded to miss a nice 120 class buck the next week here at home.

I've been chasing this buck for three years now:

I got one of his sheds in December of 03 and had him scored using it and this picture and he reportedly would go about 160" then!

October 16 just can't come soon enough!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, glad to be a part. My name is Dustin DeCroo and I live in Norman, Oklahoma. I hunt just about everywhere in the state. I've got some great places up near the panhandle, East of Tulsa, and in the central part of the state as well. I also have a couple buddies with ranches in West Texas that have proved to be productive as well. I cannot wait for season, or for this heat to go away.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trembow, great pic!
3 years now, time to change things up on him, sounds like he knows your routine.

dwd, wow, sounds like you've got some great areas to hunt.

Mike, glad to hear you know how to add to the score. What total scorewould it take to win this thing anyways?

Okie, a 150 would sure be nice n the wall & help our score a lot, good luck to ya.

24/7, swampy wisconsin soulds like big deer. Good luck with doe. Man if we had that rule here it would sure put some does down fast.

Any names yet?
Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Hay where is the rest of our winning team at,,I'm trying to help with a name, but every time I come up with one, my wife give's me the LOOK!!And say's you gotta be kidding,,,LOL and of course I agree,,,,Well me and my hunting buddy picked up the trail cam's yesterday got some good pic's of our BIG BOY,I'll try and get my friend to help me post a pic cause I have no idea how to do that...We also got our food plots in so pray for RAIN in Oklahoma. I think its going to be a good year and I can't wait too get started..

Jeff
Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a bumper sticker that said "Lung Buster"thought it was kinda funny. I know it's not real original but hey.
Hey okie, where ya from? We should get together and have a team hunt some time.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking back and get us back on page one.
Trembow what part of Mass are you from and where do you hunt. I'm from S.E Mass 20 miles south of Boston. We have pretty good deer hunting (numbers) here belive it or not,

Quick Reply: 31-Team Drop Tine Bombers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.