Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 PM

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

Here is a picture of me and my wife recently on our annual bike trip.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:40 PM

ok, one more,
Old 08-24-2006, 09:41 PM

Soon I hope to be posting pictures of a different kind of "trophy"
Old 08-24-2006, 10:46 PM

What's up fellas?

Unfortunately I didn't shoot the buck in my avatar. My father did a number of years back.

I call it the basement buck since it has never made it out of the basement in both of the houses my parents have lived in. It is a shame, cause it is definately a monster.

I can post more pics if you would like me too. My dad never bothered to have it scored. I believe the inside spread is close to 23 inches if I am recalling the numbers right.

I am looking to score on a nice 130-140 class buck this season. I have a couple of spots to hunt, mainly stuff my father and I farm. I am looking forward to getting in the tree, this is just some of the gear I will be bringing with:

-Hoyt Trykon

-Gold Tip XT Hunters

-Still trying to find a good flying broadhead, any suggestions? The Muzzy's have been flying consistently 6-8 inches below the field tips and I have been a bit concerned. I have tried moving thenock height with no luck. (Looking for help if anyone has some to offer)
Bodoodle Rest (probably will changed shortly)

-Cobra Sidewinder 5 pin sight

-Vibracheck Icon stabilizer

-Summit Viper Climber (Just found out the harness has been recalled)

I don't have any ideas for names just yet, but I will try to think of some in the next couple of days.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:11 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Hope the others check in soon. I think we have as good of achance as any other team. Team 23 SBD that is funny.
What one thinks and reality can be two very different things. But hey it is your fantasy and I canRESPECT that!! [&:]

SBD??

Shot/Bloodtrail/Drag?? Shot Big Deer??? See Big Droppings??? Stupid Big Dorks???Am I getting close yet??? Thereare a few more I could think of but there could be children viewing or a Moderator.

Seriously Motown kill a Hawg. Good Luck!!

Tim

Old 08-25-2006, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

PS
Since it seems we need a team leader I nominate Waid

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Hold the phone!

Just because I happened to be awake and at workat 3 o'clock in the morning and clickin around on HNI and started this thread, DOES NOT mean that I should even be considered as a leader of any sort! I am the least qualified bowhunter on the team. I only have 1 (one) deer kill with my bow and that was at least 3, maybe 4 years ago. Also, I'm a rookie to the Contest. I think there's a couple of you fellas that are much better hunters and veterans to the contestthat would be much more qualified to be our leader. Another thing, I only have internet access at work. So my ability to respond to anything here will be limited. I know it looks like I've been on the board a lot lately , but that's only because I worked nights all weekend and a couple days this week. After about 10 or 11 a.m. this morning, I'll not be back until probably NEXT Friday evening! That's a week that I won't be on here. UUMM??? I can come up with more reasons. I honestly believe that any one of you fellow team members would be better than me. Heck we still have two members that haven't checked in, either one of them would be better than me. Okay SERIUOSLY, my time that I get to spend on here is limited to what my job allows. When things are runnin smoothly at work, I spend as much time here as possible.

Just off the top of my head, I think that Mr. MOWTOWN would be a great team leader! He does have nearly 4000 posts and knows his way around.

Okay enough of that!

In case y'all are wondering, I'm the goofball in the middle with the yellow shirt!

As for team names

Silent but Deadly
and
Massnifigant 10 (pretty clever Buell)

are my top 2 favorites so far. BUT like I said, I'll be gone for nearly a week so whatever y'all decide is fine with me.

Good luck fellas!

BTW-I will be doing some serious scouting while I'm away, so don't y'all think that I'm gonna be off playin. I'll be workin for the team!

See Y'all next week!

Old 08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Bols
Here's some deadly broadheads I use and have complete pass throughs on moose and my deer I use Montec 100 Grms and forexpandables I use the Tekans 100grms. Both fly like my broadheads.Here's another I hearis good, Sonics.
Good luck Bols and stick a good one bud. Remember that safety strap too. God Bless.
Youngfart
Old 08-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well team I hope to get out this weekend andhang a couple of lock-on stands.When the season starts to get closelike this I still get fire-up justthinking about it.As far as picking a team captain, I am with txmarshmonkey, Anyone of you guys is fine by me.
Look for me to post a buck around oct-nov that seems to have been the course for me for the past few yrs.I wish each member of this team the best of luck. I hope everyone can tag somthing for the team.Good luck!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has everyone checked in from team-23? If not we may need to send a PM to let them know to check in?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

RTA47
Still got pahunter & 14mercs to check in,do you know how to pm them TRA? Give it a shot bud.We still have lots of time yet. Let's us know how you make oput trying .
Youngfart [8D]

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.