Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

Ok! I just sent a PM message to the other two team member`s. to let them know they need to check in , We need to make sure everyone is onboard and accounted for.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:55 PM

I have decided I am going to have to drop some money before this fall. I will definately be checking out the Montecs, thanks for the suggestions Mr. Fartman. I have heard them (not your farts but the Montecs), they are a bit loud in flight, but if they fly better than the Muzzy's I will be happy. As forthe farts in flight, Idon't know.

After shooting tonight I found out if I cheat and use the next pin on my sight (25 yd pin for 20 yd shots and so on) the Muzzy's fly decent. But only as a last resort will I resight my bow strictly for broadheads. I would much rather fix it the right way. Along with getting a consistent paper tune. At 5 yrds it is a mess, anything beyond that it is dead on for paper tuning. So I don't know really what to do. I promise I have been shooting a pretty good amount since last November!!

I was also doing a little scouting tonight. In a soybean field near our farm I saw atleast 3 does and a good size fork horn. This is only one ofthe farms I will be able tohunt on, butI am hoping that some bigger bucks are holding in the woods to feed until closer to dark. I have only had the opportunity to check the field around 5:30 - 6:00 pm.I need to buy abetter pair of binoculars before season so hopefully I canget a better eye on them.

As for team name and team captainI amgoing to have to nominate anyone besides me (since itis my first year with the bow and due to time constraints) and I guessthe"marsh monkey" sinceit is likepulling teeth with him.

We have a good amount of time for the rest of the guys to sign in, but so far I feel we are lookinggood. The key to this contest is definately just putting up bucks. Not always the biggest ones. Keep in mind a 100 class deer looks better than goose eggs. Hopefully we all can just get acrack at something.Easier said than done sometimes.

Well, gotta run. I will be checking in hopefully later tonight.

Dave
Old 08-25-2006, 07:35 PM

OK, so Waid doesn't want the job and he gave some good reasons.
I am only able to check in at night and it is also my first year in the contest.

Who is going to step up and lead the charge?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

Guys
If and when we do vote a team captain and if we can't get anyone to do it,I can step up to the plate if needed,but only if that happens. I'm in here everyday and in the Huntchat also everyday.I just really don't want the responsibitlity. But like I said ,if in need I will do it ,until then I vote for Mowtownhonkey.So thats 2 for Mowtown.
[8D]Youngfart
Old 08-25-2006, 09:07 PM

If we pick "Silent but Deadly" as a team name then you, Youngfart would be the logical choice as our leader
Old 08-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

what buellhunter said makes a lot of sense with the team name about youngfart.i do like "TEAM 23-SBD" for a team name. thisis also my first year in the contest and i dont really know what is going on so i would rather not be captain.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:19 AM

SBD is already taken by team 32
Old 08-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Buellhunter
I'm warming up to you already and I don't even know you,LMAO. It's your sence of humor I like,funny guy.lets put up our ages and years we've bin bowhunting and start finding out about one another and where were from. My name is Rocky and I've been bowhunting for 14 years,I'm 51 years young and live and bowhunt in The Edmonton Bow Zone here in ALBERTA. Best bow kill was my 1st, a 172 1/8 BTR 4x5. Still trying to score on a few on the properties I hunt that will go over 200.Best of luck to all of us on this team and God Bless.
Youngfart [8D]
Old 08-26-2006, 10:43 AM

Well, I guess I will follow the fartman and let ya know a little about myself.

I am 23, live in IL, north central area. I have been hunting for about 4 years but this is my first year with my bow.

I was able to get my first buck last year during first shotgun season here in IL. Looking back I should have passed on him (even though he was a 10 pointer) cause he definately could have used an extra year. I learned a valuable lesson last year from shooting that buck so it is a win/win situation either way.

Though I have only gun huntedbefore, my dad isbig on getting the closest shot possible. I was set up on a trail it would have been only a 25 yard shot with a bow. Hopefully I can transition well.

I bought my bow during shotgun season last year and have been excited ever since. I am looking forward to the contest as an added reason to get out and enjoy the woods.

Dave

Old 08-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

i am 24, and live and hunt in central minnesota. i have been bowhunting since i was thirteen and just the past three or four years i have gotten a lot more serious. my best deer came to me my first year. it is only a little six pointer, but is in full velveton my wall!! so that was pretty cool.

i graduated from college two years ago and now i am an electrician. what does everyone else do for a living?

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.