Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 23- Team Official Thread

hey guys how is everyone doing?? i hope that everyone is having some good scouting.

when does everyones season start? hope we can get an early buck or two on the board that would be nice. my season starts the 16th of september, not far away. i cant wait to get out into the woods!!

i might not get to hunt this year as much as i would like to though. my wife and i are expecting our first child within the next month. we can not wait for the day to finally come. so if i am gone from the boards for awhile that would be the reason why im not here.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I`ll be in the stand tomorrow, 09/09GA`s opener.
PAHUNTER you talking about all those rubs kinda got me all fired up
Any buck that will come close to score around 100 or so I`ll do my best to put something on the board.
But it`s just opening day not really the best huntingfor bucks just yet.
talk to you guys later.rta47..terry

Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

RTA47 good luck to you tomorrow in the stand. i hope that something nice strolls by you tomorrow and you take him down.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Wow Joel
Congrats on your new one on the way bud,hope every thing turns out great for you and the wife. I can't remember back that far ,LOL,mine are both up and gone and married,but do live close to pops.Cherish them when their new borns, they grow up way to fast. I like your enthusiasum about getting that 1st one on the board.I tend to take my time and actually pass on the 1st 30 or 40 that walk by my stands.I've been selective in the past 4 years and have let 180's walk.Last year I past on the same buck 2 times that was 180ish and finally after having the wife heckle the crap out of me about putting some meat on the table I finally shot him on my 3rd chance.Little to my amazement I had my 1st buck ever duck my arrow at 12 yards and hit him an inch below the spine. We looked for 2 days and finally lost him in a 100 acre field he choose to walk across on with out any growth on it.No tracks and very little blood trail. This year I'm going to to set my standards a little lower and take the 1st 140ish buck as we are out of meat ,that way I won't get the treatment from the wife .
Also this year I have 2 new families to feed as my kids have gotten married and have grown acustomed to eating wild meat all their lives. Theydon't hunt either and expect pops to supply them with the goods ,IE wild meat [:@].Good luck on setting up on those rubs Joel,and don't forget that safety belt .
Rocky
Old 09-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Terry AKA RTA47
Hope you don't sweat to much on stand down their in the hot south Terry,actually were still into the warmest weather on record for Albertasince they've been keeping records.The last 4 days have all been in the 100 range. I'm loving it butam having a hard time trying to convince myself to go hunting.Stillgetting prepared for my Elk hunt next week in BC.This is a swap hunt I advertised in the forums.Good luck sticking one Terry.
Shoot straight & Be Safe
Rocky

Old 09-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to all you men. Hope your hunts are as rewarding as the anticipation. I love everything about Bow season. MNhunter, good luck with that new born. Just keep in touch with us and let us know what you are up to. Youngfart don't be passing on any 180 class bucks this year. That would be a sweet score to put on the board.I got a 172 last year that put me in second place for the big buck contest. Happy hunting friends.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:19 PM

WOW! I love the logo Bols! Great idea you had!

Hey fellas, those are some very impressive bucks y'all have killed. I really hope we ALL can score.

My trip to the lease this week was very UN-productive. I got nothing accomplished for my hunting areas. I am still disappointed about the whole trip. I ended up spending all my time helping my father-in-law. I know, I know, I can't gripe too much, I DID wreck his truck. However, I did get to check my trailcam which didn't have any pics taken. I was disappointed about that BUT, I had about 5 minutes to walk around the area a bit and I noticed what might be a fresh scrape a few feet off of a trail. I'll be moving my camera to watch this spot. I also noticed some"old" rubs from last year, so I know there have been bucks moving there before. This is that funnel-like area I mentioned before. It slopes on one side down toward the creek, and on the other side of the creek it's basically flat, swampy, and green. I call this area my "Green Stand".

I'll be back up there next weekend, so that's when I'll hang my stands and put on the final touches.

Good luck to all and extra good luck the you fellas that get to start huntin before me!

Waid
Old 09-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, hopefully some of you early season guys are seeing some nice deer. About 21 more days for me. It's alot cooler already this year than it has been for quite sometime in the past. Looks like we have a new member that likes our Avatar. Boone&Crockett seems to have taken a liken to it. I told Bols it is a bad azzzAvatar and can see why he would want it. I'll be talking with you guys soon. Chris
Old 09-10-2006, 01:32 PM

Oct 1st can't get here soon enough!

Good luck to you that can go hunting before that.
It's raining today here in Iowa so I am getting nothing done.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

went out and put up a couple of different stands today. i put both of them up on the same ground that i have hunted on for the last ten years, but one that i put up is in a spot that i have never hunted before. it is up on a ridge and has a couple of nice trails by it. one of the trails runs the ridge and the other one crosses over the ridge. the only thing that sucks is that i dont have a whole lot of shots because it is so thick in that area.

SATURDAY IS THE BIG DAY!!!

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.