Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Yea i`m pretty sure about the score he only has 15 1/2 inch inside spread it just looks bigger than it is by the pic i took.
The main beams are left 20 1/2 right 19 3/4
I will recheck this afternoon just to be sure. But i think i am real close.
Thanks anyways Talondale. I wished he was bigger.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys just wanted to say Good job on getting that buck! Don't worry about size mine was way smaller. Also was wondering when 14mercs was going to get that giant measured and put on our scorecard...I can't wait to see what he scored! I will be heading out here in the next couple of hours so hopefully I will get the doe I have been needing to get.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rta47 great job on a nice buck. We are all proud of you. Im still trying to pin down that big ten I have been chaseing. He just keeps one step ahead of me. If I don't get him this weekend I will probably take one of the other smaller bucks I have been seeing. I'm still thinking I can get it done. I held out last year and got a 172 so hopefully I can do it again. Good luck to those still hunting and great job to all of you men that have scored. Chris
Old 11-14-2006, 06:57 PM

I have 2 more Sundays to hunt before Shotgun season shuts bow season down for the first 3 weekends of Dec.
The land I hunt in NE Iowa used to get pounded during gun season but since the new owners put up all the "No Hunting without permission" signs last fall it didn't get hunted as hard.
I only saw two sets of human tracks in the snow after gun season was over and I was back to bow hunting.
I am hoping for the same this year.

I might be hunting by myself up there this weekend as my hunting partner that has gone with me the last 3 weeks has to do a Thanksgiving dinner on this Sunday. Sucks to be him!
Hard to beleive that I only have 5 Sundays left I can hunttil bow season is over again for 9 long months. Guess I'm lucky that Iowa has such a long season.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

You guys wont believe what happened to me this evening.....Went out sat in the stand for couple hours then tried walking around to see if i could spot any deer then all of a sudden this big 8 point jumped out of the trees and in to this horse pasture...well i froze and we had a stare down for a minute or two then I grunted at him a couple times and all he would do each time i grunted was stomp on the ground so I took a step towards him each time i grunted....50 yards.....48yards...45yards..... WOOF WOOF.....the neighbors dogs saw the deer in the pasture and came after it and the buck sprinted off into the trees.........he was the biggest deer i have seen in person....I would have to say he was close to being a P&Y but maybe a little too small....o well i guess
Old 11-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys
Got out on time today and saw 11 does and 5 bucks with only one shot available on a 2 point[:'(]. Saw a dandy 300lber walk in at dark at 70 yards and so did my partner. He only had a a shot at a 3 point also. Finally saw a buck with some does ,but the rest were still loners. Back at her in a 7 hours. Warming up to +1 tomorrow so I can down dressbut we got about 7 inches of snow. Still hard to walk in and out to the stands with that much snow,on the plus side we can see so much better. I'll report tomorrow ,maybe with a scoring buck .Cya's
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay guys i am pulling for you! Big time.
Mowtown hang in there a little longer, you know as well as anyone what it takes to tag a good one. Maby you will have a repet of last yr i sure hope so.
Youngfart (rocky) Your all over them or there all over you! Ether way i am
amazed at the deer you are seeing i would be willing to bet your on the verg of tagging one yourself! Good luck!
petrey10 man almost! maby this old boy will keep hanging around the area and offer you a better shot next time. OKteamlets go! stay focused and stay pump!rta47.terry
PS..Has anyone heard from mercs?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Tough day today folks,I saw 3 this am all before 8am,that's only a 1/2 hoour of light[X(]. So you now know how my day went . But Steve's was a lot better as he saw a 130 5x5 and let him walk and 7 yotes and 3 does and also 4 smalll bucks. So he was pleased and knows the big boys will be walking and making mistakes soon. Actually saw a few imature bucks chasing today ,so the rut is kicking in to gear..Will keep you's up to date as the days prolong further into the rut. Take care and God Bless. Was a balmy 15 when we went in with 35 km winds and 34 when we came out with 30 km winds.
Rocky
Old 11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Posted my score 149 and a 1/4. Hes at the tax man and looking good. We need everyone to score now. Most high score teams have 5 or so shooters in the book. We just need to connect. Good luck all... make it happen.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 PM

I'll be back at it Sunday

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.