Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread >

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:04 PM

Default RE: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Checking in guys, congrats RTA. Way to drop another one.

Well, here in IL archery closes for the weekend as the force in blaze orange roll into the woods.

I gotta say, even though I am apart of it, since we can't bowhunt during shotgun season, I am going to miss hunting with the bow.

Archery sure has captured my interest.

Well, hopefully I can score early tomorrow morning.

It is a shame it is only my second time out.

Good luck those who are still bowhunting.

I'll hopefully be back at it sometime before the Thanksgiving holiday.

Be safe and God Bless,
Dave
Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Great Day Was Had
Well got into my stand a little earlier today as we didn't have as far to travel, but the time was good. Saw my 1st buck at 7:40am and what do you know! What happened was what I thought would happen.I told Steve now that I moved the stand to where they were moving that they would go by the other stand. Thats what happened 6 bucks in all and 2 does .[:@]They were only 80 yards away and they passed by the other stand at 15 yards.
Steve got pictures of 3 bucks that were milling around his stand at 15 yards as their were 6 does bedded on the hillside by him.He chose to let them walk. Well I guess come Monday I'll shoot anything ,even a spike,as I need the meat 1st then I can play for another 4 weeks trying to get a decent buck. Good luck to all and hunt safely.
Rocky
Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys

Hamered a doe that weighed at least 160lbs,a mature doe and also a yote too. Stevesaw 4 does and a inmature buck also. My day went by fastwith no sightings,but I did hear a buck do the tending grunt not far from me. I also heard it againat 4:50 and got up to get ready and then the famers dog came and scared what ever was coming,off forgood[:@]LMAO just not my day huh!.Have a great day guys and shoot straight Good night and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 11-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice job merc!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing Again[:'(]

My day started of great with 3 does coming in of the field but no bucks along with them. Had a 2x2 come by at 13 yards then a 4x4 half an hour later. He was only about 90 points by the way the crow flies .Then at 1:30 another doe with out a buck,so what's this all saying to me[:@]. The hocks are still white and no scent to them yet.So this is probably why we arn't seeing the big guys yet[].
My partner Steve did have n aleration with 2 hunters hunting illegaly and then telling him they had shot a big nontyipicall with a droptine. Well my heart sunk when he sad that. This is the buck I have sheds from the last 2 years off and figured he would hit the majic mark this year of 200.[>:]
I have to call them and find out more and see if it was or not.If it is ,so much for watching a certain animal for a few years huh![:@].Well I'm taking Steve to the Detroit Red Wing game here tonight against my Edmonton Oilers,and I even gave him my Red Wing Hat to wear to the game LMAO.Will be back in the saddle come Monday morning hoping the rut will kick in by then. Have a great weekend guys and hunt safely.
The Rockster
Old 11-19-2006, 02:23 AM

heading out in 30 minutes!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys i havent been on for quite sometime. been busy with my son and i also started a new job and i work a few more hours now than i used to.

good job on the deer boys. they are a couple of dandies.

i havent been out bowhunting for probably two and a half weeks now. it gets dark too early now so i cant go out after work and the last couple of weekends i have been out with the gun. which i had no luck.
well good luck guys and shoot straight!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats mercs on a fine trophy.
Hang in there guys were still in this thing "big-time" keep at it!
And Don`t` let up!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 AM

Sat in my stand from 6am-11:30 yesterday morning
I had a 6 point come in, well almost in, at 9:20. He got one look at my decoy,stomped,snorted and went the long way around me and trotted off for as far as I could see him.
Took an hour at the truck to have some lunch and about a 20 minute nap and then back in the stand til dark.
I didn't see anything in the afternoon hunt.

That is the second buck that has had that reaction to my decoy. I'm leaving it home next week.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

That is the second buck that has had that reaction to my decoy. I'm leaving it home next week.
I would do the samewith that decoy!
It makes for a very long day when you sit there as long as you did without seeing much.
Way to hang with it! Buellhunter.

Quick Reply: 23- Team "Antler Mafia" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.