Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:47 PM

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

I am comin down to the states and scouting in the off season. We need a few hot draft picks or else maybe sign some of you free agents cause our team is gettin our arses kicked.[8D] Good luck guys on finishing up and have a Merry Christmas as i am taking off home in a few days for the holidays.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need to kill a 180 inch buck we'd be back in the lead.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Hey - what is this need to stuff - We are starting the mantra - Troy will put over 180 on the ground!!!

Fran - shoot me an e-mail - have an excel spreadsheet I will send you (don't think I have your e-mail) [email protected]

Mike
Old 12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, if I could have entered my second buck.... we would be 85 points closer. Sorry guys for not holding out. I sure wish I still had a buck tag too.

Lights have been up since the first. and the tree in the house since last weekend, It has yet to get a single light on it!!! This weekend!!!!

Good luck guys.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

AR - if you held out for the big boy, and if I would have shot the deer instead of my stinkin' treestand, we'd be inches away from the lead. Hindsight = 20/20
Old 12-08-2006, 10:34 AM

No hunting for me this week guys, sorry. Woke up to the boy not being able to breath very well after spitting up. Called the ambulance and took they took a ride to the hospital at about 1am or so. I followed a bit later with my daughter after warming the car up (It was colder than a witches tit).. NOthing to be real alarmed about, just a simple case of croop (And actually he was mostly fine by the time the ambulance got here but you know how that works, they are here, you are going). . Got home at around 3am and went to bed. Woke up at 6:30 to start doing some chores and stuff and started feeling a bit sick myself. Have been layed up in bed ever since.. Joy, but appear to be coming out of it if I could just get rid of this hacking cough... Best of luck to y'all this weekend, hope someone can put something on the ground.. Heck, if I am up to it I might even Sunday hunt.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

AR - no worries! - you got us started out for the year! - everything happens for a reason - sometimes that thought makes me scratch my head, but I do believe it!

Same for you Fran - we may not know for years why, if ever at all, but things do happen for a reason!You may get a crack atMr. O next year andactually have a greater sense of accomplishment (not sure if that would be possible based on the effort that you put out this year - but we never know).

We will keep encouraging the guys still out hunting, knowing that we still have a good chance to score several bucks, cross our fingers and know that we gave it our best!!

That said - best of luck to everyone still out there trying to put some bone on the ground!!

Take care - Mike
Old 12-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

IL,

Sorry to hear about the little guy bud, but glad to hear he is ok! I remember a few of those long nights as well with our kids. If you get some time I hope you enjoy your time out hunting.

Mike, thanks for sending the package out. Man imagine if some half ass on this team would get his mail sent out sometime this century! I know what it is now..I haven't killed anything yet, thats all thats on my mind during my free time! LOL Now I am shooting for Xmas...geesh.......well at least it gives you guys something to rip me on...

Fran....I hope to the good lord you get a shot at MR. O next year. You deserve it bud, You hunt your arse off every year.

I spent all day today going over my notes (hunting journal) Busy day for me tomorrow... checking 6 different stand sites ...snow dogging each area...I know I have one stand to move for sure. 4 sites by my house...2 in ole greys area. Hunt opens back up Sunday.

I talke to Ryan quite a bit on the phone the other night in regards to where I think Yeller or one of his respectable counterparts..is feeding, I will find out tomorrow after scouting and setting up that stand in there.. Suppose to be clear tomorrow so I am gonna try to take as many pictures of snow dogging bucks ..be nice to put together a journal on that...I have my latest one submitted..still waiting for its approval..Justin must be busy.. LOL

Well its off to church tonight with the family..then hunting all weekend... Talk to you guys later, God bless and enjoy your families and football! Good luck William, Anthony and Darren!

Troy

p.s. on the 180 incher.. Havent seen one around for a few years.. 170's possibly..gross..who knows though, maybe I will get an early christmas surprise..stranger things have happened!

Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

IL - Best wishes to you and the youngster. Hope you boys feel better soon.

Troy, I'd be happy if I could just locate one of his sheds, but with the amount of pressure out there over rifle season, god knows where that deer has been pushed to. My guess is that he's living in a bush along the edge of somebody's yard until the smoke clears.

The rest of you guys: Get your lazy butts out there and kill us two bucks so we can win this stinkin' contest. If you've gottapick upa couple handwarmers and a groundblind, then do it and make it snappy. I'm tired of fooling around. No more Mr. Nice guy. [>:] I know where all of you live, and if we don't soon start filling some tags, it won't be pretty. [:-]

Old 12-08-2006, 09:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

quiksilver

Now that's a different way to fire up a team!!!!! ROFLSome of the stuff you come up with is piceless!! Be warned though... Troy is a lumberjack. You won't scare him and he will probably just put you to work if you show up with an axe!!

Troy

Good luck on that 180. If you find one a tad smaller, scare him my way!!

AR

I still got one buck tag left. [8D] But not for long !!

Tim

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.