Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread! >

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Old 11-14-2005, 08:41 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 18 Thread!

silentassassin

Congrats on the buck!! Hopefully sooner then later... these guys will quit this BS of doubting a score by only having a picture to look at. Pictures are deceiving and tend to show on the small side with racks or sheds from my experience.

I do doubt you on one thing though... ain't no way youweigh 260 lbs... Maybe 255 or 256 tops!!

Congrats again!!

Tim
Old 11-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do doubt you on one thing though... ain't no way youweigh 260 lbs... Maybe 255 or 256 tops!!
Now that's the funniest thing I have read in a while......lmao
Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats man!

I figured after last years fall out every one would have learned and no one would be publicly bashing other peoples scores Look where it got every one involved last year... No where real fast but a big argument!

At leastitwas deleted fast and not drug out over a week andlike 100 replys like last years. Although, I am sure I didn't helpwith myarguing back

Once again congrats on the fine buck and best of luck on the next one
Old 11-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

142 1/8??? ***cough **bull$7^t**cough

Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Fellas,

Sorry I haven't been around a ton. I've been busy working, hangin with the family and hunting. No bucks down yet....yet. lol I haven't been seeing anything that's worth it really, but there's plenty of season left. Silent..great lookin buck bud and thanks for getting us started! A late start, but none the less a start. But what's all this BS about people not believing the score??I log on tonight for the 1st time in a week or so and I see this? What gives? Typical regional board BS it seems. First to pat themselves on the back and the 1st to doubt someone else.

Anyway....Iowa, well it pretty much sucked. It was way too hot, way too windy and the deer seemed to be way too pressured. My buddy and I were busted more times by dink bucks than we've ever been busted in our whole lives. Bucks that would be walking down trails coming into you and just WHAM! stop and look right up at you. It wasn't a scent, bad wind or movement issue either. It's like they would just walk around looking up into trees. It was goofy as hell! I don't know how pleased I am with really ever hunting public land after that type of experience. So here I am, stuck with a $325 tag....OUCH! ha, ha I think we might try and get back down there again late season, but we'll have to see. If you guys know of anyone that has some land in zone 4 and wouldn't mind a MN guy coming down to possibly get rid of a deer(hopefully a booner), let me know. All in all though we had a good time. Saw a good amount of deer everyday on stand and saw a good crop of little bucks for the future.

Thanks,
Pat-Xtec Shooter
Old 11-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

Hi guys
Updating: I've missed only one day getting out in the woods so far this Nov, but someof it has been for only2 hrs in the stand. Yesterday was the first time I had not seen any deer while on the stand this month.It's been a good rut here in MD for seeing chasing, tending, and trolling.The weather has been warm, and some of the best activity has been around 9am. The wife and I walked back to our gardenlast Sunday evening, and she heard (her first) buck grunts back in the woods.
I've hadopportunities to shoot 8 ptrs,a few of them respectable 3 1/2 yr olds, but I've beenholding out for a herd bull, thinking he's going to come and take this doe away from junior, lol - not! One golden opportunity was lost when a basket 8ptr with a shooter buck following him, stoppedin the woods short of my doe decoy that I had placed in a remote clover field (re 11/3 post). The8'er reversed course and the big boy followed him.While I could not count the rack, he was a horse and made the 8 ptr look like a fawn... they otherwise would (?) have crossed the small field right in front of my tree stand- (hey, it's called "hunting" - not "supermarket", lol).
A neighbor took one of the nice bucks (from the motion camera pics) during the early muzzleloader season, but such is life. Theother big ones are still around, but they didn't get that way by being dumb...
-fsh
Old 11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck silentassasin, he looks great to me!

Things have been slow my way hunting wise & I've been way too busy for this time of year. Oh well maybe next week will be the one.

Good luck fellas!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does this team have any kind of team logo?
I have begun making the contest DVD, getting all the title shots and logos out of the way. I could not find a single logo for this team. Am I missing something?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably not [8D]. To the best of my knowledge we don't have one.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Update
- still getting out several times a week, bucks are starting to move again. I have seen two shooters the past week, unfortunately they got up from their beds just 30 ydsfrom my tree stand as I approached for an afternoon hunt... they don't call it hunting fornothing.
- I was glad to see this guy show up in my clover field after the gun season, I have his right shed from last year.
-fsh