Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread >

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Sorry about that Trembow, you sure tell the story well. I know that feeling, and even though it makes you sick to think about it, those moments are now great memoriesfrom the field. An encounter with a buck of that caliber is always an awesome expirence! Don't give up, it may still work out! Thank's for the story, it sure helps to know that other huntersdo that, and that I'm not alone! [8D]
Trae
Old 11-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 PM

Losing a deer just stinks!

I'm hopeful that since the blood did peter out, you probably didn't hit the liver at all. Let's hope that he lives long enough to make it by your stand again soon
Old 12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I guess the excitment is over! We didn't do too well on the overall scroe, I guess we still have a little time to get one. I'm still trying, but I have to admit, I'm taking my Thompson/Center more than I'm taking my Hoyt! After I get some more pics of the bucks in the daytime, I'll go back to the Bow, but nowmovement isjust really unpredictable!

Hope everyone is doing good! Talk to y'all later!
Trae
Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

well my honey hole is just starting to pay off, i have taken two does in the past week , had a half rack 6 come by and a little 4 point the two days ago . season lasts till 12th of january so i am still trying
Old 12-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good job Bob keep at it. Looks to have tough for alot of hunters this year. Good luck
Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 PM

Well guys here is my story.

Shot what I thought was a doe on opening day of the season.........found out it was a spike when I tracked it down. Oops. So my buck tag was gone in one day and he scores less then one of Motown's main beams

I will probably post a more detailed story in the main forum.

Nice hunting with you guys this year and sorry I couldn't help out more.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good job Atlas, itdoesn,t matter what it scores as long as the hunts are enjoyed.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:21 AM

Well fellas, I'm sorry to say that my season is done and I whiffed in the buck department. There's an exremely slim chance I might get to hunt Rhode Island later this month...but it's extremely thin and if this year is like last year the big bucks around here will largely start dropping their antlers very soon. (I got my biggest shed ever last year in late December, a 160 class 10 pointer that I also have game cam pictures of.)

If I had half a brain, I would have chanced paying the extra $500 penalty down in Illinois and taken the big 8 pointer I had a shot at. He was 120 easy but I didn't know if he'd go 130, so I let down. [:@]

Next time, I bring my checkbook and keep it warm!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still trying down here in Bama, I've held off a few smaller bucks, waiting for a decent shot, on a mature buck. We are entering the last two and 1/2 weeks of our season, so I'm gonna give it my best shot. I've been shooting my hoyt again and getting ready to slap a toad! My brother is coming up and we're gonna give them a fit in the woods this weekend!

Great job Atlas, you are on the board, I ain't even there!

Talk to y'all later!
Trae
P.S. - I'll post a picture of a small Nine I got on the DeerCam.

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.