Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread >

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Just two days till the orange army are out scaring the crap out of everything alive. I sure hope I can get a good one before then

I'm off to the stand..............Wish me luck
Old 11-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounded like a great hunt, BHD! I can't imagine having those kind of bucks walking around! We worked for 6 long years to get a couple of 4.5 year olds off our place here in Bama, a good 4.5 year old willscore around 120's some a little higher. You are very blessed to have that kind of hunting! Hope you get that big one!

The guns still don't come outfor2 weeks down here! I'm going to spend as much time as I can!

Oh yea, I got another doe.32 yards, 100 lbs.

Mabey that 8 point will appear tomorrow! I'll be in the stand all day!
Trae
Old 11-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

During the last few years therehas beenallot of river conservation land that pooped up all around me. None of it gets hunted too hard. I've been seeing more and bigger bucks the last few years than I have in my hole life.......Not to mention......Letting then smaller ones walk doesn't hurt either

My guess is that the nine point I let walk was only 2 1/2...........Imagine what he'll be if he makes it a couple more years
Old 11-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep up the hard work men. Sounds like you will get your bucks any time. I have had severl members contact me saying they thought my buck would score more. That got me to thinking so I rechecked him and sure enough I forgot to add the inside spread. The bucks real gross score is 172 6/8. RobPA said he would change it with no problem. I told him if it caused a problem at all I would except the score I already posted. I know I'm stupid for missing adding the inside spread. Hopefully the other members will accept my mistake and the the real score be placed. Good luck hunting guy's. Chris
Old 11-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

B.H.D. -
My guess is that the nine point I let walk was only 2 1/2
That's great!!! I let six's and small eight's walk, they are probably 2.5-3.5 and you have huge yearlings!!! That's the difference between Minn. and Bama! [8D]

I saw 9 deer today, didn't take a shot they were all either too far, ordoes &yearlings. I did see one buck in the dark on the way in, he was great! I think he was as shocked as I was when my lights hit him! He didn't run, he turned his head, andjust walked off! My heart was pounding! I'm not real sure how big he was, but there was plenty of horn. He never turned up after the lights came on!

M.T.H. - that's great! He is a solid trophy! Are you going to have him mounted? Is he your best to date?

I'll be getting back to the woods on Monday or Tuesday, I set up anew stand today in a really nice looking spot! I finally found some white oaks that havesome acorns! Lots of "Buckeyes" also! Do deer eat buckeyes? Just wondering, cause there's alot of them. I've heard their good luck???? Hope you guys get to enjoy the woods this week!
Trae
Old 11-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

He is going on the wall for sure. He is my biggest to date. I have been hunting one quite a bit bigger for a couple years now but havn't got him close enough yet. Good luck this week with your hunts. Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I had a 150+ 10 pegged down to the exact trail and time. 2 nights in a row i watched him come to a big scrape on the bottom of an oak ridge and follow a trail through some thick cover. I watched him from my stand 50 yards away...Welltuesdayeveningwas going to offer me the chance to get my climber in a tree within shooting distance of his trail without him winding me. Well to make a long story short my sciaticca and back pain got so bad that I could barely walk and couldn't get to my stand. So here I am at home sulking over what was probably my last chance at him this bow season.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Browning, Hope that ole back gets better soon. I broke mine in 1991 so I know what you are dealing with. keep up the good fight.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

That sucks man.................I hope you feel better soon!

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.