Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread >

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Atlasman,
Can you give me some more details about your trip.........I am always looking for first hand experience with outfitters.

Thanks...........and congrats again on a job well done.
Yes, this is his web-site:
http://deerhuntingnc.com/

The guy who runs the lodge is Gil Cutchin. He is a good friend of my family, we really enjoyed our time there. He has some excellent guides and loads of Deer and Turkeys. Like I said, his land is a huge cotton farm. It is beautiful! If you want a greathunting trip and a reasonable price go see Gil! He's actually going to be featured on a hunting show on the "Men's Channel" I think it's called "Southern Outdoor Expirence" they were there while we were andfilmed my brother for the show. I don't know when the show will air, but that place is awesome!!!I couldn't believe it was in North Carolina! It really looks like Ohio, or Illinois, or mabey Kentucky. I'll try to post a picture or two. Give Gil a call, he has lots of repeat business,but he also has plenty of room! I recommend him very highly!!! During our trip, we saw a total of about 50 deer, all while the moon was full, the weather couldn't have been worse! Yet the deer moved and we all had shots and saw some solid P&Y bucks!
Trae

Old 09-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another Picture, of the swamp where my Brother, Caleb hunted most of the time...

Old 09-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

"The Lane of Pain", where I hunted most of the time, they said this was a great turkey spot too!!! On the first evening hunt I saw 9 deer here, the next time 5, the last time 8. Out of those two were bucks. One of which was a great 8 Point. Just too far to shoot! He was about 75 yards out milling around, lots of acorns on the ground!

Old 09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last picture I promise, this is a rack that I found that a young guy had shot the week before we went, this was off the "Non-managed part of the land" he was not legal at the main land (rack outside the ears, and at least 8 points). But this is a really nice rack for a "too small" buck!!!
Trae
P.S. - I didn't notice how rough I looked in this picture! That's how I looked after a wrestling match with my younger brother!!

Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

god, this week is going so slowwwwww waiting on opening day saturday
Old 09-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have a little 60" eight pointer patterned.......Should I wack em

I wish the bid ones where that easy to pattern!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey it would be a start. I have seen a monster 37 1/2 incher before. I'm ready to hunt. Come on OCT.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Goose 11

Atlasman,
Can you give me some more details about your trip.........I am always looking for first hand experience with outfitters.

Thanks...........and congrats again on a job well done.
Yes, this is his web-site:
http://deerhuntingnc.com/

The guy who runs the lodge is Gil Cutchin. He is a good friend of my family, we really enjoyed our time there. He has some excellent guides and loads of Deer and Turkeys. Like I said, his land is a huge cotton farm. It is beautiful! If you want a greathunting trip and a reasonable price go see Gil! He's actually going to be featured on a hunting show on the "Men's Channel" I think it's called "Southern Outdoor Expirence" they were there while we were andfilmed my brother for the show. I don't know when the show will air, but that place is awesome!!!I couldn't believe it was in North Carolina! It really looks like Ohio, or Illinois, or mabey Kentucky. I'll try to post a picture or two. Give Gil a call, he has lots of repeat business,but he also has plenty of room! I recommend him very highly!!! During our trip, we saw a total of about 50 deer, all while the moon was full, the weather couldn't have been worse! Yet the deer moved and we all had shots and saw some solid P&Y bucks!
Trae

Thanks Goose,

Looks like a really nice place there.

I have been planning to go on a hunt in 2007 but have yet to decide where and how crazy I want to get with it.

May head up to Saskatchewan and try to put one of those walking houses on the ground []
Old 09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya, I HAVE A DREAM........
It's called SASKATCHEWAN!!!!!!

I even send off for their travel packet every year!! It's really something up there!

Oh, yea, that Occoneechee Lodge is great! And the $$$ is hard to beat!

I got another picture off the DeerCam this morning! Check him out?? Right under a loc-on that I hung a few weeks ago!!! That's a good Alabama 3.5 year old! If I get the shot, I'll let him hold one!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Well unfortunately I just got a call from the woman who got me permission to hunt 3 adjoining properties cloase to home............no deal

Seems to be that her brother and cousin do not want hunters near their properties and she spoke for them thinking they wouldn't care. They gave her nothing but headaches for the last few days about it so she decided it wasn't worth it and called me to say I could not hunt there afterall.

Bummer.

Still have some nice new areas to check out but that hurts...........I'm not gonna lie [>:]

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass-Through (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.