Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 11-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Boy! MM, nice one! Don't think I have even seen a buck that big around here! Seems that south of the Missouri River the nuterients in the soil are not enough to grow like that!!

Congratulations!!!!!

I haven't got one yet!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

You need to take a trip up to the Northeast part of your state bud! Some damn good deer to be had, even on public property. I've seen it first hand.....

Our team is quite but I like that! Better to be out in the woods than on here chootinthe chit! Hunt'em up boys!

Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

hello boys, I'm off to the woods, just thought I would drop in and see how everyone is doing. I haven't been out much this week cuz school is kickin my ase. This weekend will be all mine though. Hopefully I will be back in a few hours with some photos and a success story. GET 'EM BOYS.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I added a few points to our total. This is my first buck with a bow so I guess I have to start somewhere. I think I'm cursed with big deer. Hogs, turkeys, does... everything else goes the way it is supposed to not with buck deer. But I'm proud none the less, it was kind of cool that I rattled in my first bow buck with my first buck ever. There are pics in the main forum but here is another. Good luck guys.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

dwd, I can't beleave your success story was milling around the second page with no replies! We have some serious hunters on this team!!!

Anyway Congradulations dude that is a fantastic buck for your first! And you rattledhim in, how awesome!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:26 PM

WAY TO GO DWD!!!! Well done my friend!!

Been pretty slow around here. Too hot and windy. I had to pass a small buck on Friday morning, he wasn't deemed a legal buck, but it sure was fun. Still 2 months to go, anything can happen.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, he's definitely no monster but points anyway. I'm really excited about the next 2 months also. Let's get em boys.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:24 PM

Hey dwd, congrats on the buck buddy, it is more inches to the tally.

Our archery season ended here and I never got a shot at any of the bruisers, I had several close encounters with some nice bucks including a 9 point that would have went into the 140" range gross but I just couldn't get the shot angle I wanted. Saturday (last day) I had to work in the morning and my best-friend went to my stand on his uncles farm and missed a really nice 10 pointer, probablly a gross 150" deer, figures I was at work when I should have been in that stand [:@]

Things are looking good for rifle season here in PA and I will be out with the BowTech in hand. Hopefully I can get set-up in some good low-pressure areas and possibly get a shot at one of these bruisers, if not I always have late archery season.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:19 PM

Well, rifle season closes here in MO on tuesday. Had a successful season, 2 in the freezer. Now I have 2 months to focus soley on a big buck with the bow. Pretty strange around here. One of the does was still milking, and although I know we are suppose to be in the peak of the rut, it just doesn't appear it has even gotten started yet. We are just now finding rubs, and just 1 or 2 scrapes. I have seen lots of does, and no bucks at all. I would have suspected that at least one would have been followed by a buck, but not yet. Not very many people are even seeing bucks out cruising yet. Strange, I don't know. We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Good Job DWD

I settled and shot one of the mediums I had let go before..............Had to break the shop jinks. After a couple real close calls with some Popes this guy came around at the wrong time.........LOL.........

But he will add 112 2/8 to our score - a nice 3.5 yr old 7 pointer with a 18" spread...........

I will post pictures as soon as I can.......................that may be a bit.......

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.