Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 11-21-2005, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Nicely done Rack-attack!! Points are points, in my book. Congrats!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well done rack, points are indeed points. Let's keep it up boys.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

The way I figure it, Racks' buck will put us in the neighborhood of 345 points, which is good for second place in the contest, about another 300 points or so behind the first place team. If every one with a tag puts down a 70-100 inch buck, we'll be in business, and then some. I think we're in real good shape, we just need to finish.

Slice
Old 11-22-2005, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Did some quick math, and some rough checking. We have 6 guys left. We're 300+ behind. The leading team has 2 or 3 people left. If we score 70-100 each with our remaining people, we would probably easily take it if if the other team has their remaining people tag out.

I think this thing is really winable.

Either way, I'm having fun and I've met you great guys and really enjoyed all the great pics, so there's no losers in this deal.

Slice
Old 12-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Well, we're comin down to the wire here. I hunted a new piece of property today and saw one good buck and 17 does. The second rut is starting here, the buck I saw was around noon and he was just cruisin. It was pretty windy here today so I don't think he even heard my grunt call.

Don't really know how big the rack was, I just saw antlers shinin in the sun as he walked through the timber, but his body was absolutley huge. Had to go over 200 lbs. I plan on hunting there about 4 or 5 more days this season. We'll see. Keep on pluggin guys!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM

still spending every available minute in the woods,guess i may have to drop my standards a little and take one of the smaller bucks ive been seeing.keep at it.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:55 AM

sorry i have not held up my end yet. weather here has made the hunting tough.got a doe on nov.18 with a rifle, then another on dec 16 with muzzleloader. still have 2 weeks left for bow season , but i am not feeling real good about seeing any nice bucks, i will still be out trying though.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys it's good to hear you're still out there in the woods! Don't worry about the team, just have fun and enjoy the time spent out in this winter wonder land. And damn try like hell to stay warm! I'll be back at it on the 26th when the PA archery opens again. Good luck yall and I gotta say it cuz every time I do someone comes checking in with a kill.................HUNT 'EM UP!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:32 PM

It almost happened tonight fellas. This was as close as I have EVER been to shooting a buck with my bow. About 3 this afternoon, and nice 8 point milled out of the bedding area and down the point in my direction. The trail he was on was going to offer me a 7 yard shot. All of a sudden, he froze and looked left. Hmmmm.....I say.....perhaps a larger buck?? Now, this entire time he all of 40 yards away, just out of bow range. After about 10 minutes I saw them. A herd of 6 does came tearing through the woods and sent him back up the hill. I have never been so disheartened in all my life. He would have scored perhaps 110. Not huge, but a keeper this late in the year. The good news here...I saw 2 other bucks and 12 more does this evening. Even better news, I still have 6 days to hunt this spot. It could happen yet!!
Old 01-15-2006, 07:38 PM

Well...it's over. Season closed today. I want to say, though, that it has been fun. I had a great time with our team here, and I am glad to get to know you all. As usual, my season didn't end up like I envisioned it, but it was great anyway.
Just think, before long we'll be signing up again, and the smack will return once more!! I hope to share a spot on another team with ya'll again in the future!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.