Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

A friend and I arrived at his father in laws farm around 3pm. This would be the second time ever on the property. A few weeks ago the both of us met up there and walked the property for about an hour, before darkness ended our endeavor. The friend I’m hunting withthis night works too much and just couldn’t find time to make it up to scout much so no trees were picked. He headed for a transitional zone between a standing cornfield and a bedding area. I wandered quietly through the hardwoods on the other side of the property. I must have spent two hours getting frustrated, not finding a location that spoke to me. Finally I came upon a hilltop that had been logged in the last two years. It was perfect, the gradual slope of oaks led down to a good size green field and downed trees corralled the deer into certain lanes. I chose my tree fairly easily and by the time I was strapped in and ready it was 5:30. I sat there shaking my head wishing I had found it months ago but what can you do ya know! At least the area upwind and in all the logged area was undisturbed and I was quiet getting setup. The spot was money and I had high hopes non-the less. All was quite except for the gray squirrels until I heard the boy coming inside 40yds at 6:25. I stood and readied as he came to 30yds. Bam he stops dead in his tracks and nailed me in the tree, I wasn’t even moving when he noticed my figure. I didn’t have a facemask on so I stood motionless with the bow blocking as much of my mug as possible. He didn’t spook but new something wasn’t right. He turned sideways after a5 minute staredownand made his way towards downwind, but before he walk into my scent path I opened him up and man he took off like hell wouldn’t have it. So fast I couldn’t remember which trees he went through. I met up with my bud after dark and started the track job soon after. It took about 10 minutes to find the direction he took from the bloody arrow but after that the trail was no problem at all. He hadn’t gone more than 50yds before going down, which confirmed what I had thought I heard from the stand. Now for the good part, after the picture ceremony we dragged the deer 30yds or so and each had our own idea on how to get back to the farmhouse. So we walked up and down half a dozen logging roads that by the way all looked the same. I had to bust out the GPS and compass. I know how in the @$^& can you I know I know it was hilarious. We made it out obviously, which by the way was a good thing because I think if that coyote we listened to all night got any closer my bud would’ve peed his pants for sure.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

New camera is junk!!!!!![:@] And so is Image Station I've been told. Here isa couplefor the guys that see Red X's.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice, congratulations.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:19 AM

GREAT JOB MANTIS!!!!!!

My opening weekend the 1st and 2nd was uneventful.Saw 2 small 1 1/2 year olds,5 and 6 pointers and some small does.Second weekend found me in a tree on Friday evening,windy as he--.Had been in the stand for about 45 minutes when I heard a crack above me,covered up as quickly as possible but it was to late.An 8 inch diameter limb about 12 foot long cracked me on top of my head,thank goodness for safety belts.Climbed down and got my buddy over to my tree,ambulance picked me up at nearest county road and took me to hospital.6 hours later,32 staples in top of head,6 stitches in forhead.Ribs wrapped,only bruised.Bruises on shoulder and arm,small skull fracture about the size of a golf ball they say.I am now ready to resume hunting this weekend the 29th.Doctor said I should wait another week but cant stand sitting and watching any more!
hoosier_hunter9

Old 10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

holy $$$T hoosier! Gladto see ya made it! Toughbasterd,taking a hit like that! Looks like your typingis okI was thinking it would be more like"thaetrea p pblanch hat me me me meonz dee deedeedeeheauud!"

On a serious noteitis a good damn thing you hada safety harness on for sure! Probably saved your life!Iwish you the best just take it easy so you can getback in the woodsfast!

Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 AM

THANKS,thinking about starting to wear a hard hat,I wonder if i can get one in camo!!!!!! LOL
Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow What a HOG M-M!!! Congratulations!!! I'll bet ur still grinning Way to go!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mantis,

Congrats on another great buck! So like myself do you still have other whitetail buck tags to fill? Best of luck!

Troy

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.