Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread >

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 09:22 AM

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread

I tried everything I hope It works. the sig that is. I can not get the url you are talking about.[:@]
Old 09-06-2005, 12:46 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

NEWSHOOTER

Left click and drag to highlite the above. right click the highlited and copy.

Then go into your "my profile " and do as I instructed in the other post. When you get the address "pasted" in your signature box...remove the--- in the address. You should be good to go.

Tim
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Wolf killer

Bummer aboutthe muley. I doubt we could make you feel any worse then you already do. Did your wife get her muley or have any chances?? Someday I'llhave to take Tyler and hunt some Muleys. I know a few guys that do in my area and they have a blast.

Better luck on the next muley encounter. Just shoot a bigger one and the pains of this one will magically dissappear!!

Tim
Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

TIM-----yes I think it would be appropiate to go elk hunting next year on Antler Eaters expenseMaybe even bring the boys with us,heck it is all expenses paid
Good luck to you and your team
Jason
Old 09-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about the muley miss... That sucks.. All of that hard work... and to have something like that make you miss... You'll get him next time.
I've been bear hunting hear in MA the past couple of days. Nothing yesterday morning... Saw a good boar midday, tried to stalk up on him w/ my bow... I got about 35 yards from him and he winded me when the wind changed. Nice bear. Went this morning and nothing... I'll try again tonight.

I'm still having trouble w/ the banner... I know... I know.. I'm slow... what can I say...
I can't help but get a space before the first part of the IMG thing...
any help would be great...

Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know it's not a deer, but I wanted to share with my fellow team...
I kindof messed up.....
I went out bear hunting last night w/ my bow and climber and sat over a blueberry patch that I had seen bear in recently. I got there at 4pm... At 5pm i looked to my left and saw what looked like a nice bear coming through... I tried to stand up and the seat of my climber rubbed against the tree and the bear ran back about 30 yards. I continued to stand because the bear was behind some trees. I stood up and hooked my release on my bow and waited. The bear came back in very cautiously and stopped every step and sniffed. It was acting really spooky. It laid down and ate the bottom of a bush and then got up and presented me a 15 yard broadside shot. As I drew, my fletching hit my face mask, made a nice loud noise, and it looked right at me. It was too late. I put the pin behind it's shoulder and touched the trigger. I hit that bear so hard I couldn't believe it. It only went 25 yards and piled up.... then came that awful death moan.
I knew the bear was not very big, but I could only hunt a very limited time this season for bears... And I judged the bear to be around 125lb... nothing big, but I had never taken a bear with the bow. I do eat quite a bit of bear meat each year.
Well, talk about ground shrinkage!!! I got caught up in the excitement of having a bear 15 yards from me and being only 12 feet in the tree!!! I did what every experienced bear hunter warns about.
Well, to make a long story short... it turned out to be a very pretty little sow that only tipped the scales at 100lb! I feel bad that I harvested such a small bear, especially a sow, but at the same time I am very excited and proud since it was my first bear w/ the bow... My other 2 300+lbers were with the rifle...
So, I'm kindof on an emotional roller coaster on this one.

http://tinypic.com/dhad6g.jpg

Old 09-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the bear. I did a littlr wandering this weekend in NH looking for bear with a rifle but saw no animals. Alot of sighn tho, maybe next time.

Archery starts next Thurs here. 6 days to go.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:08 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We are on the board!!

I'm ina bit of a rush so I can't go into detail. I hate work but it pays the bills!!!

Here's a sneak preview of mybuck...

Tim
Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM

Looks like a nice one... Congrats on the buck TJF, looking forward to reading the story behind the picture..
Old 09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

TJF,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome buck, can't wait to hear the details.

Our season doesn't even start until October 1st.

Again great job Tim.

Quick Reply: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.