Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread >

Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 08:31 PM

Default RE: Offical Team 16 Thread

No luck but lots of deer activity here in KY. The difference in the last 10 days in phenomenal. 32degrees this morning bucks chasing does and scrapes popping up everywhere. This guy came by but he's not a shooter on the farm that I hunt. He will be excellent in 2 years if he makes it.

PS: Won't be back in the woods until 11/5, but will have 7 days to hunt hard.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

He is a shooter on the farm I hunt!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 PM

I'm still not seeing alot of deer on there feet here in Va. There is a great deal of rut sign popping up but its all nocturnal. I pulled my stand out this afternoon. Time to head to my "honeyhole" in one of the 4 bow only counties in WVa. I have alot of hard hunting ahead of me, but this area really holds acouple wallhangers. Still no venison in the freezer tho any deer will be tempting to feed the family. I got a picture of a smaller 7 point buck in the area, but no giants yet.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:00 AM

Well, after a long week on the road for work I was ready to get back home and do some hunting, I drove 768 miles Friday to be home for Sat morning hunting, I was covered up with does all morning and saw one spike, this was the 1st time I hunted out of this particular stand (I hung it Sat before I left) I shot over a doe's back at about 25 yards, she was downhill from me and looked more like 30 yards, oh well. This mornig I had a close encounter with a 120" class 8 point, he hung up at about 40-45 yards, he never knew I was there though so that was good. With Daylight Savings Time starting today I will be able to hunt in the mornings a little before work a day or two a week. Looking forward to that! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Passthrew
Old 10-30-2005, 10:52 AM

I'm leaving in a few hours to take my climber in to my favorite spot in WVa to hunt in the morning. Hopefully I'll have some points for us by this time tommorrow.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

No points for the team guys but I got my first deer.See my thread in the bowhunting forum and check the pics. Next one is gonna score. BTW.........YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Tex. Getting that first bow kill does brings confidence and now you can concentrate on getting that buck! Way to go..........dabow
Old 10-31-2005, 09:05 PM

Excellent news, glad for you!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:58 AM

Well, I'm beginning to get alittle discouraged guys. The season started out great I was seeing game every trip afield. Now I havent saw anything but the leaves fall for the past 2 weeks. The woods were full of deer sign but all my pictures were nocturnal. Then, I got a picture of a dog running a deer through my hunting area. After that, no pictures, the sign has went dry, and the dogs run the whole hollow about an hour after daylight everyday. For the past several years my "honey hole" in WVhas been nothing but a "dog pound". I thought I took care of the wild ones but apparently not. As for here in Va a few close calls with smaller deer but nothing very promising.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:29 AM

can you get in there at night and shoot the dogs?

Quick Reply: Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.