Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread >

Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Default RE: Offical Team 16 Thread

Good news on the deer and great news on your son! Iam back to trying to find a place to hunt. The quarry land I was on is closed due to surveying, indefinitely.I am going to check out a club in Greene County Ga this weekend to see if I can salvage what is left of the season. My trips to Ohio, and Pa got cancelled due to work schedules not fitting. I will get me a real deer before its over though!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM

well my luck is back-- since were leaving at 6:00 pm today for West Virginia to deer hunt. I went to Pa. this morning for one last hunt as bow season closes there saturday. At 7:20 this morning a 8 point buck came by me at 15 yards. An arrow in the rib cage he went 200 yards. For my 2nd buck this week hunting 2 states. My ohio buck which I bagged firsthas the biggest rack.West Virginia here I come. Good hunting team.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:59 AM

Way to go buckslayer. Hope your boy is doing better! I just come off a week long hunt that was really HOT temp-wise. Lots of little bucks chasing does.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:11 AM

Smoke pole opened up here today, but instead of setting in a tree I'm getting ready to head out for afew days of hard hunting across the state line into one of WV's 4 bow only counties. When the firearms start boomin thats the place for a bowhunter to be!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Hi guys, well I spent most of the weekend in the woods and all I saw were does. The rut just hasn't started here yet. I went back to my favorite oak flat this evening and put my back to my favorite tree. after sitting for about 30min. twodoes came out of the woods. They were just taking their time moving my way, then came in to the oaks. they got within 5yds. of me and never knew I was there and they were downwind to boot. I am a firm believer in scent elimination products. I kept waiting until dark for a buck to follow them out but tonight just wasn't the night. You can bet i'll be back there to try again.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM

I Bagged aWest Virginia 4 point on my 4 day hunt. Going back friday to try and fill my 2nd bow tag saturday. 7 of us will be hunting gun season which starts monday there. Had to work 12 hours today and the next 2 days. So I will have to enter my Ohio buck when I get back.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:25 AM

The big bucks weren't moving very much in the near summer like temps. I had 2 shots on decent bucks but they weren't what I was looking for. The good news is that I won't be doing any more hunting during modern gun season, so if I take one, it will be with a bow.

I had a shot on this guy at 12yds while bowhunting. He was taken tonight by one of the other members. He scored 133"

I had a shot at this guy at about 20yds while bowhunting.

This old doe has busted me 4 times this year. She's going down before the year is out! Check out the girth.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:13 PM

Well rifle season opened Sat. and I put a 6point on the ground. Now that I got the first kill of the year out of the way maybe I can get a good one with my bow to help the team. This was my first deer in 3.5 seasons. Hopefully my bad luck streak is broken for good. His neck was swelled up and he was "seeking" when I shot him, so maybe I still got a couple more weeks of good rut bowhunting.
Heres my monster :

Old 11-21-2005, 08:02 AM

well back from vacation and also got the gun season in IL over with, not that it helps us but I shot a doe and a cull 8 point with a big body. I am looking forward to getting out in this colder weather and getting us another buck for the scoreboard!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been spending a lot of time in the woods and all I'm seeing are does and a couple of dinks. I have yet to see any rut activity and I'm begining to think it's been nocturnal due to the heat wave. I'll be out every day thursday through sunday. I have from now until Jan. 1st but I don't know how many more times I'll be able to pass a small buck. I never have killed a buck with a bow and the passes are getting harder and harder. I hope to check in with a big buck soon. See ya guys.

Quick Reply: Offical Team Mossyhorn Dawgs (16) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.