Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread >

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Snow?!? Heck, it's 85 degrees here. I've given up for a couple of evenings, although I'm still getting out in the mornings. Not seeing much when I do. This heat wave has really shut things down. I love the warm weather but not during hunting season. Your possible snow storm is supposed to bring us rain Thursday or Friday, meaning I'll definitely be out tomorrow morning and evening - I usually see deer (especially bucks) just before a front moves through.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Hey team, what's the good word? Anyone seeing some action? Been a little quite on here lately.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ill make it out tommorow , but i havent gone since the PA opener , should be nice and cool too!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Well Josh I hit a large doe last year while driving to hunt. I kept the deer cut it up and only ended up with 24 pounds of meat. And didn't even get a rack off it. Did you keep the meat ofr the rack?

Friday I went hunting right after work and seen a 6 pointer walking towrd me but it was to dark to shoot plus in was 30 or so yards away. Still it was nice to be out their.

What a day. Was sick in the morning so didn't get into the stand until 2:30 p.m. As I was setting up the stand a 8 pt buck was chasing 4 doe across the corn field and into the woods 20 yards from me lots of brush in between. Deer spot me and bound off. I was right in the middle of setting up my stnad. Climb a tree and find that the tree is to small. so i find another tree and climb it and have to cut limbs off. the last limb i cut falls onto my bow so I have to climb back down and reset my bow. (i pull my bow and pack up the stand with a rope. Finally, I climb back up and ready to hunt. Seen a raccoon, redheaded woodpecker, grey squirrel, fox squirrel, cardinal, robin, chickadee, capped sparrow, corn snake, and mocking birds. As I'm sitting I see one doe about 100 yards away in the corn field that had just been plowed. I spent 5 hours sitting in my Bullet Stand and could've sat longer.

Gotta get a little sleep before hitting the woods in the morning.

KK
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Typical Buck

Went to a family gathering yesterday in a town about 120 miles from here and got back tonight. Along the way, at about the 100 mile mark, I saw the folowing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2/IMGP1302.jpg

So I skulked to within 15 yards of him, BUT - no bow with me. I just may go back and try to find him again.

Hmm, no picture. Hopefully the url works.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Josh I hit a large doe last year while driving to hunt. I kept the deer cut it up and only ended up with 24 pounds of meat. And didn't even get a rack off it. Did you keep the meat ofr the rack?
Nope, illegal to keep any of it in Texas.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Canuck_2

Went to a family gathering yesterday in a town about 120 miles from here and got back tonight. Along the way, at about the 100 mile mark, I saw the folowing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/IMGP1302.jpg

So I skulked to within 15 yards of him, BUT - no bow with me. I just may go back and try to find him again.

Hmm, no picture. Hopefully the url works.
GO get em!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been real buisy guys....i have been out but no luck
Old 10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

My f%&$#%^ deer are all gone. I have seen only 3 deer in the last 10 days on this property that looked so promising early. Where did they go?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:59 AM

Teejay,

Many of the bucks are gearing up for the rut during this time. Bachelor groups have for the most part broken up and mature bucks become almost entirely nocturnal. Its difficult to see let alone kill a mature whitetail during this period of time in the midwest. End of october the action should pick up again.

Also, if you are hunting the same stand day after day you will see a noticable decrease in activity in that area. I'm not sure if you are, but it could be a factor.

Keep the spirits up man, the season is far from over and the rut isn't even here yet!

Quick Reply: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.