Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread >

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

209 KardKutter88
36 Josh Keller
199 CTOGuide
143 TeeJay
133 doublelung55
20driftrider
193 Canuck 2
125 MN Rut
24 WindsorArcher
228 mammasboy

Lets hear from you guys. Where ya hunting, what ya seeing?

I'm hunting South Texas this year. I've been seeing 10 bucks or so on the ranch that will go at least 100".
Old 08-13-2005, 11:00 PM

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Good luck Josh and the rest of your team.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Josh....Ill be hunting MN...and i hunt alot especially in the late season....been watching alot of bucks only a few worth taking tho. The best beeing about a 150 class the others in the mid 120s
Old 08-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Driftrider reporting for buck killing duty!

Looks like I'm going to be doing most of my hunting on public land, but I'm hoping to get out to my uncles acreage this year. They had a very reclusive 12-14 pointer out there last year. I haven't seen it and I don't know if its still alive (they have a big poacher problem out there), but I'd love to get a crack at it. From the reports I've heard, it's a 150+ deer. I'm hunting in Iowa, and this is my first bow season, so I'm hopeful that at least beginners luck will come through!

Game on!

Mike
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 AM

Hey guys!

I'm Mike, and I'm in Ontario, very close to Detroit, MI. My little spot has about a dozen bucks, the two best ones will probably go between 130 and 150.

driftrider, I got your pm. I'm far from an artist, but maybe I can mock up a logo for us in Photoshop. I like your idea.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Hello Team 21,

Kardkutter88 checking in.

I'm Troy, from Evansville, Indiana.

This will bea tough upcoming year. This past winter my cousin sold his 20 acre wooded lot that was located in an Urban deer zone, meaning deer everywhere. I am currently asking around for places to hunt. I'm thinking of hunting at a State park hear in Indiana (a deer reduction hunt, doe or buck). Except you have to use a gun. If I do, I'll still be able to hunt in my county for another deer. We have a one buck limit here, but you can take one more in an urban deer zone.

I've been practicing for the last month and getting better. Last year I switched from aluminum to carbon arrows. I had it all tuned up and one week before the season started my string broke . Everything is tuned up so far.

Windsorarcher, I'm looking forward to seeing the logo, I need a good signature.
One thing to keep in mind, last year a size restriction was put on the logo. They got so big that they slowed this site up to a crawl.

I'll try my best guys,good luck to everyone.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

KK

Old 08-14-2005, 12:41 PM

Ok, let's see if anybody likes either of these two (just quickies):

I just downloaded a couple of images, and put together a little logo with Photoshop. Personally, I like the first one better, but I need to make the deer skull bigger and stand out more. Input?

Old 08-14-2005, 12:46 PM

Hi, Troy!
Yeah, that does sound tough. I'm kinda of expecting a similar situation next year, so I have to put as much meat in the freezer this year as I can. I'm going to miss my little honey-hole huntin' spot! But that's in the future. This year is gonna be fun!

Sigs are pretty easy to make. PM me with some details and I'll whip sumptin up for ya!

Mike

Old 08-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

WA i like the bottom one i think we go with it!!!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the top one better, but I think that it might need a darker background to make the cards stand out more. The cards blend in too much against the white background, but I think you're on the right track for sure. I think it'd look really neat if the ace overlapped the face card in a "V" shaped fan. I van visualize it in my head, but like I said in my PM, I'm retarded when it comes to making an idea into artwork. I'm a stick figure diagram kind of guy!

I had sent my PM out to everybody, but at least 3-4 of our assigned team-members didn't get it because they either have the PM feature blocked or their mailbox is full, but the screen refreshed before I saw who they were. I think before we decide on a team name and logo for sure we should wait until at least 6 of our 10 team members check in. So far we're doing pretty good with 5 out of 10.

Mike

Quick Reply: Official Team Blackjack (21) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.