HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow-72/)
-   -   Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow/108816-official-team-archery-addicts-26-thread.html)

PA Bow/Flinter 08-13-2005 10:53 PM

Official Team Archery Addicts (26) Thread

Hey everyonelets make this our sign in post for everyone to check-in and get things organized. Also lets put a little bit about ourselves so we get to know each other a little better. I'll start:

In am 16 and live in Erie, Pennsylvania. I love to hunt anything and everything, esspecially deer with my bow. I have a new bow for this year, a PSE Vengeance Hybrid. I only have one buck to my name. I got it last year with my bow (first bow kill ever!!) and I am sooooooo pumped for this year. How bout you guys???

Also any suggestions for a name??

Washington Hunter 08-13-2005 11:00 PM

RE: Official Team 26 Thread

Good luck guys!

zak123 08-13-2005 11:24 PM

I shoot a Bowtech Allegiance. I have only seen deer once while hunting, and that was in Alabama. I am ready for this season though. I have scouted for hours so far. I am going for several hours tomorrow. I won't let you guys down.

Dairy King 08-13-2005 11:43 PM

Sorry, Zak. We're gonna lose. We got an Oneida shooter on this team! [:-][8D]Well, Then again, it may even out since we got a Bowtech shooter, your left over may make up for me, right? [8D];)

Anyways....

Im 16. Live in Illinois. I hunt Scott County. I shoot a Monster Bows Black Eagle. Its an all custom bow, a combination of three different bows to make the sweetest drawing bow you'll ever pull. I shot at a doe last year, but a tree limb got in the way.[:@]This year I am extra confidate Im gonna get a deer. I know the woods I hunt like the back of my hand. We got some sweet pictures of bucks from around one of out many stands. We are gonna try and video a few hunts. Maybe I can get my first kill on video. That would be sweet. Anyways, I digress....Im certain Im gonna get a deer this year.

pass_threw 08-14-2005 12:31 AM

i`m a stalk hunter for the most part. i teach archery and hunting classes to youth mostly but anyone that wants a lesson. (see my website)
live in central minnesota, 41 years old, i`m in the woods or shooting more than anyone i know. i have more than 10 good set ups for any deer on our property so most weather and wind conditions should be covered. check out my journal on my forum for my stratigy set ups.

i shoot an 80lb hoytand have 8 deer under my 5 years of seasons in minnesota alone.

this sounds like it should be fun. first time for a contest for me.

lets hope we all do well.
good luck to you all

PT

Mike Hill 08-14-2005 05:14 PM

Hello folks of the 26th. I'm not real good with a puter so I may be asking for help from time to time. I'm from Mass. and hunt in Mass ,CT and Maine so with any luck I should be able to put some score on the board.I Retired from the navy in 1993 and have been working as a correction officer ever since. I have been hunting since I was 12 years old so that makes it 39 years. Started with a bow in 1981. I have shot many deer with a bow but only a hand ful of Bucks. You can see my bigest bucks on newcarolina.com just click on Mike Hill. Good Luck to all and lets kick some butt!

pass_threw 08-14-2005 08:29 PM

hi mike,
glad to hear from you. i thought i was going to be the only elder here.
i was born and raised in western mass. hunted a lot in the great barrington, south egremont, andsheffield area.
i`m not much of a puter nerd myself but let me know and i might be able to help out.
PT

IL_BOW_MAN 08-15-2005 07:04 AM

Hey fellas!! I am here and won't be going anywhere.

29 years old and live in Central Illinois. Plenty of big bucks here, I am just not lucky enough to get one every year. I typically have my chances, but blow them one way or the other. Last year I just plain missed the shot, the year before I was busted drawing back. But this is my year!!;):D

Looks like I am the only smart one here...I am shooting a Mathews!!;):D Just kidding guys, don't flame me.

I see a bunch of unfamiliar names here, so I am looking forward to getting to know you guys. We are a little over half way checked in.

Team 26

52zak123 - check
69 Daystalker
54 IL_BOW_MAN - check
269 pass threw - check
135 skindog1
231 Mike Hill - check
16 Dairy King- check
27 308hunter - check
236 Hoytteen
66 hunter25

hunter25 08-15-2005 07:55 AM

Name is Matt, age 31 and do the majority of my hunting in Fulton County, IL. Will venture down to Mason and Adams county a couple of times this year. Sport a Mathews Switchback and can't wait to get it dirty. Been bowhunting for five years, so still learning quite a bit each and every time out. Was in the contest last year, but never put one down. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

pass_threw 08-15-2005 11:20 AM

IL bowman, hunter 25..
good to meet you guy`s, looking forward to this.
looks like we have quite a spred of area here. from PA to the upper midwest of MN.
beingwe all huntwhere all the big bucks are, we WILL dominate this thing. :D
it looks like other teems are doing the name thing, any ideas ?
i`m just looking to hunt so i will go with the magority on this one.

PT

hunter25 08-15-2005 12:03 PM

pass_threw, you're asking me to be "creative"...not good...not good at all. BUT, here are two names to throw around:

Team Buck Envy
Team Buck Stalkers

pass_threw 08-15-2005 12:19 PM

well like i said i will go with the magority vote.
but i am partial to Team Buck Stalkers.

oh yea, creativity,
for me thats wheni try to come up with a new way to do something that was all ready simple :eek:

PT

PA Bow/Flinter 08-15-2005 01:09 PM

Hello to everybody!! Looks like we have a team that has a little bit of everything. This should be a great contest and I think we should have a pretty good chance....especially since everyone seems tot hink that this is their lucky year. (Hopefully it is!!!!!) I'll admit it...I'm not a very creative person, so I can't think of any names at the moment. I am however, pretty literate when it come to posting pics of our gigantic deer, so if any one has any Q's on that I'll be glad to help out in any way I can.

hunter25 08-15-2005 02:43 PM

You guys realize that someone is going to have to come up w/ a logo for our team, once we figure out what we are going to be called. Any artists around? Or designers?

Here's another possible name: Team Arrow Thumpers

Sounds kinda a stupid, huh?

Dairy King 08-15-2005 03:31 PM

I got one...

Team Does in Heat! [8D]

zak123 08-15-2005 05:44 PM

How about The Winners? :D

skin_dog1 08-15-2005 08:21 PM

I'm here boys! I'm pretty new to hunting net but like it already. I'm also in the contest over at archery talk. I'm 30 y/o, been married 9 years, have a 5 y/o daughter and another due during the peak of the rut! Hopefully I'll have Mr. Big tagged way before then. Here's a list of everyone here so far. Probably oughta PM the others since the rules keep changing. I thought teams were'nt gonna be picked til the end of the month. Glad they went a head and did it.
52zak123 - check
69 Daystalker
54 IL_BOW_MAN - check
269 pass threw - check
135 skindog1 - check
231 Mike Hill - check
16 Dairy King- check
27 308hunter - check
236 Hoytteen
66 hunter25 - check

skin_dog1 08-15-2005 08:34 PM

how bout some photos of past harvest to get us fired up! Here are my 2 from last year

KS Brute

Kentucky 9 pointer

pass_threw 08-15-2005 08:58 PM

well this is what we have so far, did i forget any ?
Team Buck Envy
Team Buck Stalkers
Team Arrow Thumpers
Team Does in Heat
The Winners

Any artists around? Or designers?
good question hunter 25,keep in mind the new rule on the banner size recently posted.

nice lookin bucks skin dog, great idea too.i will get my six point from 2003 up soon.

maybe we can discuss the type of area we plan to hunt and between all of us come up with stratigies to help one another.

lets be the titans of bowhunting and show these "pro`s" what we are made of by showing teem spirit.
we will be feared for what we can do, notlooked overfor what we don`t know.

bring on the deer i`m hungry...

PT

skin_dog1 08-15-2005 09:05 PM

I'm not too crazy bout those names, but at the time being I don't have any recomendations either.

pass_threw 08-15-2005 09:10 PM

how long do we have to come up with a name anyway ?

PT

hunter25 08-16-2005 06:26 AM

Not exactly how long we have until we need to come up w/ a name. I'm sure it's posted somwhere. skin_dog1, very nice bucks! Welcome aboard and congrats on the upcoming baby! I have a three year old daughter and a 2 1/2 month old boy...very proud papa here!

As I've demonstrated in earlier posts, don't worry about suggesting a bad name for our team. I'm just throwing names out there, hoping something will stick. Me and creativity don't get along very well.

I guess we are also supposed to nominate a captain. I'm thinking IL_BOW_MAN might be our guy...but you all can suggest others. What the hell is that on his signature, anyway?

How about this: Team "Throw Some Head"

Was used initially has a baseball term, but I think it works for bow hunting as well.

IL_BOW_MAN 08-16-2005 06:48 AM

You picking on my cat in my avatar? Leave him alone, you might hurt his dads feelings (buckeye)!!:D

Skin Dog 1...you are kcision's buddy...right? Good to see you around! kcison is a good guy that can talk some good smack, so hopefully he will teach you that buckeye is open game for anything.;) We were team members last year and I contributed squat, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

If you guys so desire, I can be captain.

I can probably try and come up with some kind of logo. But if I get my preferance on the logo, I would like to do something like my team did last year. Just a small logo with our team name and not all of the members names. I don't like those big ones, small and neat. What do you guys think? I attached last years for the team I was on.

IL_BOW_MAN 08-16-2005 06:54 AM

Here is my biggest deer to date. I got him in 2001 on Thanksgiving morning. He grossed low 140's.

2002 I hit a bigger deer and did not recover him, he was a 150 class 8 pointer. He was spotted a week or so later and then later found dead on a neighboring property about 1 month later. 2003 I just plain blew a chance on a deer about the same size. 2004 I missed a shot on a 130 class deer when he ducked my arrow. I spooked a 150 class deer that I rattled in when he caught me hanging up my antlers...I didn't know he was there until he started running at 20 yards away. Sneaky little devil.

hunter25 08-16-2005 09:03 AM

IL_BOW_MAN, certainly not picking on the little kitty...or is that Yoda w/ fur?

Sweet buck! My biggest to date is a 120 inch 8 ptr...but got it during shotgun season back in '02. Missed a 150 class two years ago w/ my bow...still think about that deer every day. Hit a small little limb off a sapling...never saw it. Just disgusting. Still looking for that 130+ class buck w/ my bow. I'll get it...eventually.

I've got access to thousands of pieces of artwork, so let me know what you need and I'll email it to you. Of course, we've got to come up w/ a name. Simple name, simple logo...sounds good to me.

PA Bow/Flinter 08-16-2005 09:47 AM

Well since we are all showing off our largest deer, I guess ill post some of my picks.
Here is my largest and only buck to date,....but I did get him with a bow so don't fall on the floor laughing, just a gentle chuckle is ok....I measured him just for you guys, and his gross score?........32 7/8
Well, here he is:

No ideas on a name at the moment, but I'll keep thinking....IL BOW MAN has got my vote for captain.

PA Bow/Flinter 08-16-2005 09:50 AM

Ok just to gain a little respect back here are some sheds my dad and i got last year, so I know theres a couple big ones out there for me this year

PA Bow/Flinter 08-16-2005 09:52 AM

and one more...

buckeye 08-16-2005 09:56 AM

IBM as a team captain????LMAO you guys are killing me, if that's not the blind leading the blindI don't know what is

Justin 08-16-2005 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

IBM as a team captain????LMAO you guys are killing me, if that's not the blind leading the blindI don't know what is
Tough crowd in here!

hunter25 08-16-2005 10:30 AM

.308hunter...that's more than I contributed last year, so don't worry about it. Had a good size 6 ptr that I could have shot at on three different occassions...and a decent 7 ptr. w/ a drop tine, but both would have been around 100 inches...definitely not what I'm looking for personally. If those two bucks are still around, they may be pretty decent this year. The 6 ptr should definitely be a nice one.

Both of those sheds will produce a shooter this year...good luck to ya!

buckeye, appreciate the comments, but IL_BOW_MAN will do just fine as a captain...I know you two get along pretty well in here....

IL_BOW_MAN 08-16-2005 10:35 AM

As long as I don't have to lead by example...I guess I will be ok.;) The bad thing is, I can't really come up with a witty come back for that at the moment. I am slipping:(

Here is my largest and only buck to date,....but I did get him with a bow so don't fall on the floor laughing, just a gentle chuckle is ok
Man, that is nothing to be ashamed of. That is a beauty of a deer. When I was your age, I would have shot him and his little brother if they would have walked by!!

Oh and you contributed to your team last year and I didn't. Job well done!

hunter25 08-16-2005 11:24 AM

Besides buckeye from team #2, anyone else object to IL_BOW_MAN as our captain? Anyone else want the responsibility?

Dairy King 08-16-2005 12:18 PM

What the heck, I'll go with him.

pass_threw 08-16-2005 12:22 PM

yip IBM sounds good to me, like i said i`ll go with the majority on this and the banner.
i just came to hunt.

PT

hunter25 08-16-2005 12:37 PM

Sounds good...IBM it is...

Other suggestions for names:

Team Bowmen
Team 26 (original, huh?)
Group of Archers
Sticks N' Strings
??????

pass_threw 08-16-2005 12:43 PM

Group of Archers

this one caught my attention.

PT

IL_BOW_MAN 08-16-2005 12:56 PM

I am still thinking ona name.

PA Bow/Flinter 08-16-2005 12:58 PM

Silent Death?
Team Pink and Frothy?
Team Booner? **Note: "oo" is the long sound, not the short one

buckeye 08-16-2005 02:20 PM

buckeye, appreciate the comments, but IL_BOW_MAN will do just fine as a captain...I know you two get along pretty well in here....

Besides buckeye from team #2, anyone else object to IL_BOW_MAN as our captain? Anyone else want the responsibility?
I got nothing but respect for IBM, he takes it as well as he dishes it :)

Oh BTW I gotta team logo and name for you guys....... Feel free to use it :D

Team 26 "TheTop Dogs"....