Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Once "Official" Teams are picked.

On Sept 15th we'll close the contest for new entries and I'll draw for teams. ( Though some seasons will be started there is a chance a entry could harvest already and that's fine, it'll go to the lucky team it's drawn for)...Any new entry after the 15th will go onto the alternate list and will remain there unless there are not even teams until Oct 15th when alternates will take the place of any NO SHOWs up til that point. This gives all who enter a chance to let the team they are on to post to there official thread......we'll run it the best we can like last year but be patient I think this one is going to be bigger....

Once teams are picked I'll spend the time to make "Official Team" threads and teams can get together to come up with names etc.......

Good luck to everyone again this year.....

Any other suggestions....
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Once "Official" Teams are picked.

I suggest an online auction to see who is going to be the lucky team to get me. We can donate the money towards all the high fence hunts I plan on going on next year.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion is Sept 15 is too late for cutoff. It would be nice to meet your teamates and get aquainted and settled in before the archery season starts. I say Aug.31 for deadline. Of Course do what you want to do, your the boss.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with tribal. My season starts Sept 18th. I will be in the woods often from there on. Most guys will be huntin not on the puter! He's right your the boss!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:13 PM

I'm new to the contest and was woundering what a "no-show" is?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:18 PM

I'm new to the contest and was woundering what a "no-show" is?
There is usually more than one person that signs up for the contest and never checks in or even comes back. Alternates are put into the spots of these people who can't seem to make a commitment.[:@]
Old 07-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Thank you Mo,I've been enlightened.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:27 PM

The teams are picked after Sept.15, About how long does it take to pick teams? The reason for the question is I'll be bear hunting the last week of Sept. and baiting the weekend leading up to. I don't want to be a no-show.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

My opinion is Sept 15 is too late for cutoff. It would be nice to meet your teamates and get aquainted and settled in before the archery season starts. I say Aug.31 for deadline. Of Course do what you want to do, your the boss.
I agree.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I agree.
yeah it would be a good idea imo that we start before the season. the season starts sept the 3rd in ky and i'm hunting that weekend and i think a couple of others are too. it would be better to get it out of the way since some people might not be around a computer that time.

Quick Reply: Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.