Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Once "Official" Teams are picked.

What difference does it make? It's not like if a person who's season opens early gets a kill, Rob will put that person on say, his own team for the points..
They will be placed by random drawing like everyone else, and I don't see what it matters.
The whole contest is based around team camaraderie and smack talk. I would not even bother to enter the contest if I was hunting before I got to know my team and throw some smack. What would be the point? I don't believe the contest's emphasis is on a harvested buck so much as the experience of the contest.[/align][/align]That's just my take on it. Take it for what it's worth.[/align]
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

When did he pick teams last year? Seems it was earlier but I might be wrong. Sept 15 is opening day here. I'm with the others & think it might play out better to pick teams on Aug 31. But, who the heck am I!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

What difference does it make? It's not like if a person who's season opens early gets a kill, Rob will put that person on say, his own team for the points..
They will be placed by random drawing like everyone else, and I don't see what it matters.
The whole contest is based around team camaraderie and smack talk. I would not even bother to enter the contest if I was hunting before I got to know my team and throw some smack. What would be the point? I don't believe the contest's emphasis is on a harvested buck so much as the experience of the contest.[/align][/align]That's just my take on it. Take it for what it's worth.[/align]
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:20 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Our bow season starts September 2nd. I agree it would be nice if the dead line was Aug 31st but that is up to Rob or the site. If Tyler or Iget a buck before the deadline, we just won't tell until then to keep the suspense for everyone. It really shouldn't matter but would seem totake some of the fun of drawing teams if you know a few whohave already taken bucks. Also they won't likely post much about their hunts... successful or not until they are on a team. I got a big kick out of reading others post ( my team and other teams ) hunt reports. That iswhat makes the contest really interesting and why I like it so well. The contestisn't just about winning although I wouldn't complain about that either. The smack talk is priceless!!! Hopefully someday buckeye and Fieldmouse can figure out how to do it!!

No matter what happens, I am looking forward to the contest. Goodluck to everyone.

Tim
Old 07-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another wish for the deadlines to be earlier but the real point of my post is to empahsize to people to not be ashamed of or think your buck won't matter if you shoot a small one. PLEASE if you shoot a buck, regardless of size, ENTER IT! This contest isn't about big bucks only, it recognizes everyone's inches. No buck is too small. Also keep in mind the submittal procedures as far as pictures and such go. Consider this as you take to the field, be prepared.
So everyone have fun, talk some smack, and be safe out there this fall.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:34 AM

buckeye, I see what you are saying, and I agree. But, can't you still talk "smack" after the deadline? If there's nothing riding on the contest other than bragging rights, I just don't see what difference it makes. Just my two cents as well.
One thing I think we can all agree on is that Rob does an outstanding job of running this thing. Let's not complicate it.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

The whole contest is based around team camaraderie and smack talk. I would not even bother to enter the contest if I was hunting before I got to know my team and throw some smack. What would be the point? I don't believe the contest's emphasis is on a harvested buck so much as the experience of the contest.
[/align]
[/align]That's just my take on it. Take it for what it's worth.
My thoughts as well.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's not complicate it.
I think the shifted deadline complicates things. Last year's team posting date was perfect. Why make it a month and a half later?
I would like to get to know my team members as well -long before I'm concentrating on hunting.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Okay, the official deadline will then be August 31'st and and I'll have teams drawn by Sept 15th or much quicker like Sept 1st if I can get at it..and I will...at that point team capt's will have until Oct first to contact all members when we start adding alternates........[&:]

PS....a NO SHOW is someone who doesn't check into there team posts and let us all know they are participating....we can't assume someone who posts once or twice and says they are in is still with us cyberwise.....if your committed to this contest, do everyone especially your team the courteousy of checking in....when time applies..
Old 07-22-2005, 10:51 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Rob

Good deal!! Thanks.

Now if only I could get you and the others to email andconvince the Game and Fish Dept in my state to open the bow season early. After stalking and thenspending 15 - 20 minutes taking pictures of this guy tonight...

I need it openedtomorrow!!!!!!!!! Geeze the next month anda half of waitingis going to be puretorture.

Tim

Quick Reply: Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.