Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Washington state archery season begins September 1st, I dislike the idea of drawing teams after someone's season has already begun.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any new entry after the 15th will go onto the alternate list and will remain there unless there are not even teams until Oct 15th when alternates will take the place of any NO SHOWs up til that point.
Please explain what constitues a "no show." Are you saying that if a person or team hasn't posted a buck kill by Oct 15th they'll be dropped for an alternate? Iowa's bow season doesn't start untilOct 1st, and runs until Jan 10th.

Mike
Old 07-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rob,

I have to agree with the others and not only for the reason listed. Even if half are no shows there could very well be over a thousand members signed up if you leave the signups open for 2 full months. I would think something shorter in duration may be more practical but then since you are running it the workload is primarily your call.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to agree with everyone on this deadline you came up with,The end of august at the latest would be much better for everyone.You want to pick the teams,get to know your teammates,and get a little SMACK talk in before season opens just to get things rolling.Besides most posts made last year was just that ,SMACK talk,all in fun of course.When season opens alot of guys aren't on the computer as much,there out in the field.

Please explain what constitues a "no show." Are you saying that if a person or team hasn't posted a buck kill by Oct 15th they'll be dropped for an alternate? Iowa's bow season doesn't start untilOct 1st, and runs until Jan 10th.
driftrider----what they are trying to say is ,when a team is picked of 10 people ,we have till the 15th of october to "make an appearance"as you will.It really wouldent be fair for say 10 teams of 10 people and 1 team of 6 people.All the deer scored per team is added together in inches to declair the winners of the contest.
Some guys and ladies will sign up for the contest,and come time for the games to begin they just plain forgot about hunting.net and the contest all together.Rob wants the deadline to be september 15th,anyone signing up after that date will become an alternate.
Say you are on a team and only 9 guys "signed in" on your team by October 15th,an alternate who wants to play,but never made the deadline of signing up before the teams were picked will be placed on your team,making a team of 10 guys .
I hope this helped and cleared a few things up
Old 07-21-2005, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: recurver67

Thank you Mo,I've been enlightened.
That's the first time that word has been used in conjuction with that name......
Old 07-21-2005, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Washington state archery season begins September 1st, I dislike the idea of drawing teams after someone's season has already begun.

What difference does it make? It's not like if a person who's season opens early gets a kill, Rob will put that person on say, his own team for the points..
They will be placed by random drawing like everyone else, and I don't see what it matters.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you're basically saying that once the teams are posted, each team member has to basicallysay "here" to acknowledge that they are still in the competition, but not that they have to shoot a deer by the deadline?

Mike
Old 07-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Tibal's idea of August 31st deadline. In KY we open on the 3rd of September. It would be nice to have things tied down and ready to go on the first opening day.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you're basically saying that once the teams are posted, each team member has to basicallysay "here" to acknowledge that they are still in the competition, but not that they have to shoot a deer by the deadline?
Just acknowledge you are on the team by posting in your team thread once and a while
No-----you dont have to shoot a deer on the mentioned deadline.The contest will run till January or feb I think.If you shoot a buck"archery" then it will have to be posted ANYTIME during the contest.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:56 PM

So Oct.15 will be the last call for team members to respond. Thanks for all the info guys. Aug31 does sound better,but I'm new .

Quick Reply: Once "Official" Teams are picked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.